January transfers

Re: January Targets

mancity dan said:
Now that the summer transfer window is shut, where do you think we need to or will strengthen?

Do we really need this thread at this point in time.

Lets go and play some football I say and then see where we are in Dec.

I'm sure the professionals have a plan, but lets enjoy some playing time now

Just can't see us with new faces in Jan. We only need the elite who for me will take the place of another squad player not fight for the place! Would love to see the plans we have for nxt summer with the net spend this season am I going to far in saying there's gona be at least 150m min to blow if needed?

sir baconface said:
inbetween said:
We will probably be in for a striker and I'm sure the powers that be are working on it right now. I hope Aguero can stay fit, can't see it but if he can't then we are going to be in for a lot of problems when it comes to playing 3 games a week with the same 2 strikers. It will probably mean MP has to go with playing 1 striker instead of the usual 2 just to ensure they are fresh enough.

Surely the terms of the Negredo deal must of included a recall clause because we would be in huge trouble if 2 strikers got injured... And it happened for a big portion of the title run in last season!

Depends how it's structured. Assuming it's effectively a deferred purchase, I'd be surprised if there were a recall clause.
I don't think there can be a recall option if the loaning club have paid an initial loan fee, which they have.

Maybe a CM on loan untill the end of the season, expecially if either Fern is injured as Yaya will be off on ACON duty. Or we could just buy Moutinho and make me very happy. Other than that we'll only need to buy if we get bad injuries.

bluechampion7891 said:
lampards past it and he and Yaya go in January so cover is needed.

Reports suggest Lampard is doing just fine and I believe his loan runs long enough that he will actually be logical cover for Yaya IF he goes to the ACoN. I say if, as it has been widely reported that it may not even be down to him, the coach has been quoted as saying Drogba and Yaya are the old guard and much as he appreciates all they have done it may be time to blood the younger players and build for the future, I wont be surprised if Yaya retires from Internatiuonal football and I'll always suspect it will be after a private conversation with the national manager that makes his mind up for him. IMO of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.