January transfers

g180aj said:
McfcMK said:
Need Tolm to come a reassure me that Clichy and Yaya won't be at the club at the start of next season.
I'll save you the bother if we're going to sell a left back it will be kolarov as Clichy is home grown.
Not necessarily. Sagna or Caballero off, Clyne or HG back up keeper and Clichy can go. I would flog off Sagna and go for Clyne, therefore we can upgrade LB position by selling the weakest link. Kolarov is much better back up.

It's no longer rumour that madrid have their eyes set on our special lil gem 'kun'
Was thinking whether it would be a good bargain if we demanded bale & isco in his place so that we'd have Jojo & Dzeko slug it out for a place at the forefront so that we'd look somewhat like this:
Jojo/Dzeko
Isco Silva Bale
On one hand kun seems irreplacable but when you consider Dzeko's heroics at the dead of last season you can't help but give it a second thought
For one thing Aguero is almost always this close to a timeout on the sidelines
Secondly I really do think Dzeko does better as a sole striker rather than being a part of a 2 man forward line
You'd agree with me that towards the end of last season when Aguero was out injured Dzeko's goals won us the league and we were a bit more watertight. I'm not too sure why this was the case but one thing I'm sure about is that the Bale plus Isco for Aguero deal is an idea worth pondering about
What's your take?

So where are we this January? As far as I can tell, there are no strong rumours. As it stands, I would not expect any transfers in Jan.

ojeme said:
It's no longer rumour that madrid have their eyes set on our special lil gem 'kun'
Was thinking whether it would be a good bargain if we demanded bale & isco in his place so that we'd have Jojo & Dzeko slug it out for a place at the forefront so that we'd look somewhat like this:
Jojo/Dzeko
Isco Silva Bale
On one hand kun seems irreplacable but when you consider Dzeko's heroics at the dead of last season you can't help but give it a second thought
For one thing Aguero is almost always this close to a timeout on the sidelines
Secondly I really do think Dzeko does better as a sole striker rather than being a part of a 2 man forward line
You'd agree with me that towards the end of last season when Aguero was out injured Dzeko's goals won us the league and we were a bit more watertight. I'm not too sure why this was the case but one thing I'm sure about is that the Bale plus Isco for Aguero deal is an idea worth pondering about
What's your take?

We cannot sell Aguero, even if 100m+ was put on the table! He is our star player and selling him would leave us immensely weakened.

Dzeko needs to be upgraded on in my opinion and Isco is a no go according Marca today, we have given up apparently.

We should be looking to add to Aguero, not break away from him.

SamTheGuru said:
So where are we this January? As far as I can tell, there are no strong rumours. As it stands, I would not expect any transfers in Jan.

Isn't it an absolute necessity to sign a central midfielder of some sort? With Lampard leaving and Yaya going to ACON we will only have the Ferns, and if one of them were injured we would be in real trouble.

SamTheGuru said:
Looks like that. Lampard loan will probably be extended and thats it. I think these Kurzawa rumours are just planning for next summer and we are tapping him up now that he doesn't have his mind to move elsewhere.

SamTheGuru said:

I think we might see Kurzawa coming in with one of Clichy or Kolarov leaving.

I am keeping my eyes on Cuadrado as well, quite a few reports showing we have made an interest.

We have to do business in January in my opinion, firstly because we need to start evolving the squad as soon as possible with younger players, and secondly I think the squad needs a lift with a reasonably big signing.

sam-caddick said:
SamTheGuru said:

I think we might see Kurzawa coming in with one of Clichy or Kolarov leaving.

I am keeping my eyes on Cuadrado as well, quite a few reports showing we have made an interest.

We have to do business in January in my opinion, firstly because we need to start evolving the squad as soon as possible with younger players, and secondly I think the squad needs a lift with a reasonably big signing.
Very hard to make big name signing In january.

Kurzawa in with kolarov out and khedira in would be a cheap but great addition to the midfield area and strengthen our lb position

MeatHunterrr said:
g180aj said:
McfcMK said:
Need Tolm to come a reassure me that Clichy and Yaya won't be at the club at the start of next season.
I'll save you the bother if we're going to sell a left back it will be kolarov as Clichy is home grown.
Not necessarily. Sagna or Caballero off, Clyne or HG back up keeper and Clichy can go. I would flog off Sagna and go for Clyne, therefore we can upgrade LB position by selling the weakest link. Kolarov is much better back up.

As much as I see where your coming from and agree with you on Clyne his recent form would put him at £15-20mill as well as Kurzawa who seems to be our first choice for left back who would also cost around £20mill. We would prob be lucky to recoup £10mill for both Sagna and clichy which means a net spend of around £30mill on 2 full back's who wouldn't be guaranteed starters. My other concern is as like fans of most teams we seem to be blaming everything that's wrong with our team on Clichy, just like we have in the last few years on Dzeko, Garcia, Savic, mdm and even Kolarov a few years back when clichy was in form and kola wasn't ( just like Liverpool last season lost the league because Johnson is shit) When in form Clichy is a better defender and has more pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.