January transfers

Definitely think a striker is coming in, even if it's a loan deal. We have so little cover because Jovetic really isn't a striker, even though he could probably slot in having played there for Fiorentina.

Dybala at Palermo looks like he could be the next big thing, linked with Arsenal and we were apparently trying to sign him when he was in the Argentine 2nd division. He would be obtainable but very expensive (£20m+).

Luiz Adriano (currently CL top scorer) could be a good signing but Shakhtar have qualified for the CL knockouts.

And there are the Jay Rodriguez rumours of course. Not sure what to think of those but he would not be the worst backup striker (he's better than Balotelli anyway).

Maybe the wisest course would be to look for a loan deal until the summer if there's anyone half-decent available. One possibility is Teo Gutierrez with the Argie league ending soon, although he has a fiery temperament. But he is one of the best strikers in South America and could be available short-term. Dzeko should be back soon so whoever comes in might not play much unless Kun's hamstring goes again.

LoveCity said:
Definitely think a striker is coming in, even if it's a loan deal. We have so little cover because Jovetic really isn't a striker, even though he could probably slot in having played there for Fiorentina.

Dybala at Palermo looks like he could be the next big thing, linked with Arsenal and we were apparently trying to sign him when he was in the Argentine 2nd division. He would be obtainable but very expensive (£20m+).

Luiz Adriano (currently CL top scorer) could be a good signing but Shakhtar have qualified for the CL knockouts.

And there are the Jay Rodriguez rumours of course. Not sure what to think of those but he would not be the worst backup striker (he's better than Balotelli anyway).

Maybe the wisest course would be to look for a loan deal until the summer if there's anyone half-decent available. One possibility is Teo Gutierrez with the Argie league ending soon, although he has a fiery temperament. But he is one of the best strikers in South America and could be available short-term. Dzeko should be back soon so whoever comes in might not play much unless Kun's hamstring goes again.

we should stop fucking about and get rvp. he'd be fucking cheap too.

LoveCity said:

It'd be entertaining at least. He's a fucking nutter.

I think whats paramount is to get a LB and a CM to replace Clichy and Lampard. Preferably younger players.

FredTilson said:
I think whats paramount is to get a LB and a CM to replace Clichy and Lampard. Preferably younger players.

I think we would need to sell Nastasic, Sinclair and probably Gudetti in January (although Celtic may well just continue on with his loan until the end of the season rather than attempt to buy in Jan to secure him for next year) to begin to fund any player purchase (probably only 1 player at most) and who would we get ? Not sure we would get any significant improvements until next summer.

City1974 said:
FredTilson said:

I think we would need to sell Nastasic, Sinclair and probably Gudetti in January (although Celtic may well just continue on with his loan until the end of the season rather than attempt to buy in Jan to secure him for next year) to begin to fund any player purchase (probably only 1 player at most) and who would we get ? Not sure we would get any significant improvements until next summer.
this summer:

IN:
Mangala 40M euros
Fernando 15M euros
Willy 6M euros
Sagna free
Zuculini 2M euros
spend = 63M euros

OUT:
Rodwell: 10M pounds
Garcia: 12.8M pounds
Barry+loans for richards, guidetti etc = 1-2M pounds
sales = 30-33M euros

net spend: 30-33M euros
so if we are under restrictions we can bring in 1 30M euro player (23M pounds).

if we can sell 1 left back, sinclair and nastasic we could probably have another 10M pounds. so we could spend close to 40-42M euros on two decent players or we can get a top player if we want.

not sure if we have enough money to get both a lb and a cm. unless we want to skimp quality on one of the two

LoveCity said:

I don't think we need another striker but I do think we need a quick goal-scoring winger/ inside forward.

In regards to a striker though, I would like us to look for a long term replacement for Dzeko whom I believe will be sold if a decent offer gets put on the table next summer.

I would like us to be looking for the best young striker we can attain and from the top of my head going off this season it looks like these options so far:

England: Berahino, Kane.
France: Lacazette
Italy: Icardi, Dybala
Spain: ??
Bundesliga: ??
Portugal??

bluechampion7891 said:
City1974 said:
FredTilson said:

this summer:

IN:
Mangala 40M euros
Fernando 15M euros
Willy 6M euros
Sagna free
Zuculini 2M euros
spend = 63M euros

OUT:
sales = 30-33M euros

if we can sell 1 left back, sinclair and nastasic we could probably have another 10M pounds. so we could spend close to 40-42M euros on two decent players or we can get a top player if we want.

not sure if we have enough money to get both a lb and a cm. unless we want to skimp quality on one of the two

It depends on Lampard but if he goes and Toure is away then it has to be a centre midfield player, but would we want to spend £23 mill on a centre midfielder now if there are plans for bringing in a cm in the 40 -50 mill bracket in the summer, a loan would be more likely I'd have thought,

blueparrot said:
bluechampion7891 said:
City1974 said:
this summer:

IN:
Mangala 40M euros
Fernando 15M euros
Willy 6M euros
Sagna free
Zuculini 2M euros
spend = 63M euros

OUT:
sales = 30-33M euros

It depends on Lampard but if he goes and Toure is away then it has to be a centre midfield player, but would we want to spend £23 mill on a centre midfielder now if there are plans for bringing in a cm in the 40 -50 mill bracket in the summer, a loan would be more likely I'd have thought,

but who is good enough to get in on loan?

I'd have wanted schniderlin but he will surely cost more than 23M and I don't think long term he'd be as good a signing as say Pogba or Koke one of which we surely want to bring in the summer. Cant see either of the Ferns leaving next season either.

We might bring back Zuculini and use him. doesnt need to be registered for the prem this season too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.