January transfers

Ray78 said:
Selling clubs will bump up the price as they don't want to lose their top players and the striker will only be registered for our domestic campaign and blocks the progress of players such as Pozo.
Only if the player has already played CL matches this season.

Lacazette, for instance, hasn't. I really hope he's on our radar. He'd probably settle in pretty quickly too, as we already have a good amount of french players.

Kladze said:
Ray78 said:
Selling clubs will bump up the price as they don't want to lose their top players and the striker will only be registered for our domestic campaign and blocks the progress of players such as Pozo.
Only if the player has already played CL matches this season.

Lacazette, for instance, hasn't. I really hope he's on our radar. He'd probably settle in pretty quickly too, as we already have a good amount of french players.

He has played in the Europa League which means he cannot be registered for the latter stages of the Champions League either plus he has signed a two year extension which means he won't go for peanuts.

Scratch the first comment, I forgot about Adebayor (I doubt Uefa have changed their registration rules much). Another potential problem though is the squad restrictions would be still in place for the latter stages.

My only concern is in midfield as I think Lampard will be with NYCFC come the end of February.

There is no way New York will start their first campaign without one of their flagship players so I would be looking at another similar experienced loan or we look at the South American market for a hidden gem.

Targets like Pogba etc... are not worth thinking about until the summer in my opinion.

I would actually prefer to just have three strikers because will force Pellegrini to go 4-2-3-1 more which as proved in the last couple of weeks, especially in the big games, it has worked and made us more solid in midfield.

neville (or was it souness) were right about it last night....players who could improve us would be CL players and even if we could spend we cant play them.

we do need a backup CM though. someone on loan maybe. in the recent weeks we have shown enough improvement (or rather we have got to out true level) to make me believe that we dont need too much strengthening in Jan

bluechampion7891 said:
neville (or was it souness) were right about it last night....players who could improve us would be CL players and even if we could spend we cant play them.

we do need a backup CM though. someone on loan maybe. in the recent weeks we have shown enough improvement (or rather we have got to out true level) to make me believe that we dont need too much strengthening in Jan

Whilst I understand that, bringing someone in that is cup tied in CL can give Manuel a choice to rest particular players for the CL. Lets say we bring in a cup tied striker, it gives us the option to rest Aguero in the PL.

PSmyth07 said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Whilst I understand that, bringing someone in that is cup tied in CL can give Manuel a choice to rest particular players for the CL. Lets say we bring in a cup tied striker, it gives us the option to rest Aguero in the PL.

i understand your point, but it rarely works like that. most teams usually choose their best players, then there is also the fact the the PL games around the CL games could be important one in terms of the title, who would you start, aguero or the new striker, knowing that 3 points will keep you in the hunt but anything less would hand chelsea a massive advantage?

I'd like to see an addition, but more so for the PL than the CL. we need legs in central midfield

bluechampion7891 said:
PSmyth07 said:
bluechampion7891 said:

i understand your point, but it rarely works like that. most teams usually choose their best players, then there is also the fact the the PL games around the CL games could be important one in terms of the title, who would you start, aguero or the new striker, knowing that 3 points will keep you in the hunt but anything less would hand chelsea a massive advantage?

I'd like to see an addition, but more so for the PL than the CL. we need legs in central midfield

dont agree with leggs required for midfield. We have Fernx2 and Milner to do the graft and Silva, Nasri, Navas to provide the threat. You only need 4 or 5 out of those 6 for a couple of games and then Yaya will be back and you are picking 4 or 5 from 7. You also have Jovetic who can play as a no10 type.

I would be making enquiries for Pogba but only as part of a longer term plan to get him as we did with Fernando and Mangala. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Gaudion M said:
bluechampion7891 said:
PSmyth07 said:

dont agree with leggs required for midfield. We have Fernx2 and Milner to do the graft and Silva, Nasri, Navas to provide the threat. You only need 4 or 5 out of those 6 for a couple of games and then Yaya will be back and you are picking 4 or 5 from 7. You also have Jovetic who can play as a no10 type.

I would be making enquiries for Pogba but only as part of a longer term plan to get him as we did with Fernando and Mangala. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Milner can do an emergency job, but he isn;t good enough to start as CM for extended matches. in the bayern game he was moved out left after the first half as he was losing the ball too much.

The rest, apart from ferns, are AMs. you cannot expect them to hold in midfield

bluechampion7891 said:
PSmyth07 said:
bluechampion7891 said:

I tend to disagree. If you bring in another striker just for the PL games it can only help in all competitions. I prefer Bony over any striker and I know he has to go to AFCON and can't be registered for CL too, but if he has the same effect as the Aguero/Negredo partnership it would be a huge boost.

In CL matches you'd probably want to play with 1 striker anyway which Sergio would be 1st choice if fit. Dzeko or Jovetic would slot in if needed.

Then when you play in the PL or FA cup games you can go a 4-4-2 in which case a Bony and Aguero partnership could potentially batter opponents and give us that swagger we had last season. I'm not confident in a Aguero/Dzeko partnership. Aguero/Jovetic is getting better, but Bony is that big strong #9 who holds up the ball well where Sergio can play off of him. Bony is also good in the air. I only see positives.

Larry Stranger said:
bluechampion7891 said:
PSmyth07 said:

I tend to disagree. If you bring in another striker just for the PL games it can only help in all competitions. I prefer Bony over any striker and I know he has to go to AFCON and can't be registered for CL too, but if he has the same effect as the Aguero/Negredo partnership it would be a huge boost.

In CL matches you'd probably want to play with 1 striker anyway which Sergio would be 1st choice if fit. Dzeko or Jovetic would slot in if needed.

Then when you play in the PL or FA cup games you can go a 4-4-2 in which case a Bony and Aguero partnership could potentially batter opponents and give us that swagger we had last season. I'm not confident in a Aguero/Dzeko partnership. Aguero/Jovetic is getting better, but Bony is that big strong #9 who holds up the ball well where Sergio can play off of him. Bony is also good in the air. I only see positives.
Have a look some of Dzekos games at Wolfsburg before he came to City. He was among the world's best strikers in terms of holding up the ball and heading as well. Players don't always transfer all their attributes while moving clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.