January transfers

FredTilson said:
Larry Stranger said:
bluechampion7891 said:
i understand your point, but it rarely works like that. most teams usually choose their best players, then there is also the fact the the PL games around the CL games could be important one in terms of the title, who would you start, aguero or the new striker, knowing that 3 points will keep you in the hunt but anything less would hand chelsea a massive advantage?

I'd like to see an addition, but more so for the PL than the CL. we need legs in central midfield

I tend to disagree. If you bring in another striker just for the PL games it can only help in all competitions. I prefer Bony over any striker and I know he has to go to AFCON and can't be registered for CL too, but if he has the same effect as the Aguero/Negredo partnership it would be a huge boost.

In CL matches you'd probably want to play with 1 striker anyway which Sergio would be 1st choice if fit. Dzeko or Jovetic would slot in if needed.

Then when you play in the PL or FA cup games you can go a 4-4-2 in which case a Bony and Aguero partnership could potentially batter opponents and give us that swagger we had last season. I'm not confident in a Aguero/Dzeko partnership. Aguero/Jovetic is getting better, but Bony is that big strong #9 who holds up the ball well where Sergio can play off of him. Bony is also good in the air. I only see positives.
Have a look some of Dzekos games at Wolfsburg before he came to City. He was among the world's best strikers in terms of holding up the ball and heading as well. Players don't always transfer all their attributes while moving clubs.

could that be attributed to the bundesliga being not as physical as the premiership?

Bony but he goes to the Acon in Jan. Central defender how about sergio Ramos but he'd be cuptied with Madrid still in champions league.

I think people missing the point with Bony - let's assume the fee is £25m, I'm not sure we have that money to spend due to FFP

Montero, routledge and dyer are all far better than him, he'd be on the bench just as much as he is here.

blue ranger said:
I think people missing the point with Bony - let's assume the fee is £25m, I'm not sure we have that money to spend due to FFP

I supose it all depends on any outgoings.

salfordpaul said:
a decent striker in jan is a given, we are just about desperate now

I don't see City getting desperate because up until the Everton game we have a fixture list with games that we should be winning with the cutrent squad we have available to us, after that we should have Dzeko and Jovetic back followed by Sergio a few weeks later.

What we are going through at the moment is a freak occurrence, I don't know many teams in world football who have had three strikers out all at one time in the last couple of seasons, it's just one of those things.

Why spend money on an average striker who will go on the wage bill only to be not wanted come the summer time.

With FFP we are skint in January and I only see us being able to afford to afford average level strikers.

We can and should be able to grind out the necessary wins needed up until Edin and/ or Jovetic comes back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.