January transfers

GeekinGav said:
think we still need a 4th quality centre back. if Kompany and DeMike/Mangala are injured at the same time, then we will be buggered with no strike force and no backline. But thats me being Uber-cautious.

Boyata? Sagna?

Most clubs have 3 CBs only, we have 5 who can play CB. CB is not a problem, IMO even striker is only an issue b/c of Jovetic's injury record.

I think we are light in CM, to me that is the biggest area of concern. Yaya, Fernandinho and Fernando? Lampard is an AM now, cannot run, and Milner is unconvincing there, add to the fact that only Yaya and to a certain extent fernandinho can be regarded as creators among those 3 - this is the area that needs backup

there are a number of issues . are the players we want available. can we afford them with around 25 million to spend . does it fit with our home grown quotas and do we have a space in our squad . my list would start mc carthy from qpr buy in the summer let willy go. van dijk 5 million pus gudetti . bertrand a free in the summer tap him up now kurzawa is a done deal i think monaco are just putting a brave face on the fact they cant pay wages because of ffp. buy delph 5 million learner wont let him go in jan so just loan back till the end of the season. buy gray 5 million from birmingham buy aarons 5 million these two are quality gray especially then go for the best header of the ball in the league carroll. sell nasty sinclair and boyota. we are copying ajax and barcas blueprint and both these teams bought young homegrown to boost their youth and maintain standards . our youth has failed to produce for 2 years it will be great in a couple of years but the gap is here and now.if we buy these or better we go into the summer with a full pocket and not needing english just top quality

Manchester City will NOT be adding to their squad in January due to Financial Fair Play sanctions, says Manuel Pellegrini

Manchester City were punished for breaching Financial Fair Play last year
Their Champions League squad was reduced from 25 players to 21
Manuel Pellegrini said the squad size makes it difficult to sign new players

By Ian Ladyman for MailOnline

Published: 16:55, 2 January 2015 | Updated: 17:15, 2 January 2015

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has revealed that UEFA restrictions on the size of his club's Champions League squad is likely to prevent him pushing for new signings this January.

The transfer window opens on Saturday morning and some City fans are expecting Pellegrini to spend in a bid to strengthen his team in the absence of injured strikers Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko.

But City's Champions League squad is restricted to 21 – rather than the usual 25 - as part their punishment for breaching Financial Fair Play regulations and Pellegrini hinted last night that this is likely to be a decisive factor.

'I think we are not thinking about the window,' said the City manager.

'We have the option. We will see players we can bring or sell or go on loan, but it is not our first important thing at this moment.

'We will see during January what will happen.

'But we have important restrictions about amount of money and restrictions on players we can put in our Champions League squad.

'So it's difficult to bring in a player when he cannot play in the Champions League.'

City are functioning with just one frontline striker at the moment, Stevan Jovetic playing and scoring against Sunderland on New Years Day.

However Pellegrini hopes Aguero and Dzeko will return in the next couple of weeks.

'I hope in the next week Edin Dzeko will be fit and in the next week will be Kun [Aguero],' added Pellegrini.

Captain Vincent Kompany is recovered from the hamstring injury that has caused him to miss recent games but will not be risked in the FA Cup against Sheffield Wednesday at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

Daily Mail, you never cease to amaze me.

Manchester City will NOT be adding to their squad in January due to Financial Fair Play sanctions, says Manuel Pellegrini

'We have the option. We will see players we can bring or sell or go on loan, but it is not our first important thing at this moment.

LoveCity said:
Daily Mail, you never cease to amaze me.

these journalists need banning.

banning maybe harsh, a better word would be accountability

dom said:
de niro said:
billymumphrey said:
Now that Lampard has extended his stay this is the following I'd like to see from the window.

1) Re-sign Milner
2) Shift Sinclair, Guidetti and Nastasic for about 20mil (optimistic I know)
3) Sit tight until the Summer

1 and 2 yes. number 3 needs looking at. a loan/ free agent striker to top us up, i'd look at demba ba.

I interesting call, that, de Niro... what's his current status?

It is a very good call; however, Demba Ba is doing well in Turkey with Besiktas and I can't see him leaving there or them wanting to let him go.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Get your money on Defoe to Leicester sharpish. Sky Bet offering 5/2

I am surprised that Twitcher isn't trying to hijack the deal.

All that's left for January transfers is selling the deadwood (Nastasic and Sinclair).Everything, else should be left for the summer when bigger players come available.

I think the one big summer signing we need is Koke. Can be the future of our midfield as the creative pivot in the centre of the pitch. A more astute signing than the raw Barkley (whose price will be inflated just because he's English) or Pogba (who's not the type of player we need). Then we'd need to finalize the sales of Negredo, Richards and Guidetti, cash in on Yaya before he declines and promote youth prospects to the first team squad.

Unless a top young player becomes available (Reus maybe, Sterling), I think we'd be set in every position for 2015/2016:

GKs: Hart, Caballero, Wright
LBs: Clichy, Kolarov
CBs: Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis, Rekik, Boyata
RBs: Zabaleta, Sagna
CMs: Koke, Fernandinho, Fernando, Zuculini,
LMs/CAMs/RMs: Silva, Nasri, Navas, Milner, Lopes
ST: Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Pozo, Iheanacho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.