January transfers

The Indy says we still are keen on Jay Rodriguez even if Bony signs (along with Spurs and Pool). If that's true, I guess Jovetic would go and Rodriguez would become #4 striker. He's less talented than Jovetic but maybe as a pure striker he'd offer more because Jovetic doesn't seem to suit the role, yet Pellegrini wants 4 strikers for whatever reason.

Trouble with Rodriguez is he hasn't fully recovered from his lengthy knee injury.

LoveCity said:
The Indy says we still are keen on Jay Rodriguez even if Bony signs (along with Spurs and Pool). If that's true, I guess Jovetic would go and Rodriguez would become #4 striker. He's less talented than Jovetic but maybe as a pure striker he'd offer more because Jovetic doesn't seem to suit the role, yet Pellegrini wants 4 strikers for whatever reason.

He's still injured so pretty pointless link if you ask me.

Rammy Blue said:
LoveCity said:

He's still injured so pretty pointless link if you ask me.

I thought Rodriquez was more of a winger/wide midfielder.

It'd be a summer move anyway apparently:

The Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez remains a priority target for Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur in spite of the cruciate knee ligament injury that has kept him out the game since last April.

Rodriguez, 25, who is expected to make his comeback to football in an Under-21s game for his club in the next few weeks is being closely monitored by the three Premier League sides with a view to a move in the summer. There is still the possibility that one of the three may try to get a lead on the others by making a move for the player this month.

The England international was due to be back in action by now but his return was delayed by a procedure on the knee last month to clear out liquid.

Ideally, Southampton would like to negotiate a new contract with the player, who has one more season after this to run on his deal. They turned down an offer from Tottenham Hotspur in the summer valued at £16m, which included the winger Andros Townsend.

City are eager to raise their Premier League squad quotient of home-grown players, especially with James Milner likely to leave in the summer when his contract expires, as well as Frank Lampard and Scott Sinclair. Home-grown is defined as any player who has spent the requisite development period at an English club.

In that scenario City would be left with just Joe Hart, Gael Clichy, Dedryck Boyata and reserve goalkeeper Richard Wright for the eight home-grown places. It is understood they would press head with a deal for Rodriguez even with Wilfried Bony poised to sign for them this month.

Liverpool are anticipated to get rid of strikers Mario Balotelli and Rickie Lambert in the summer. At Spurs, the situation is fluid with Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado among those the club would very much like to move on. Spurs’ head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell was at Southampton when the club signed Rodriguez from Burnley in the summer of 2012.

I really don't get this Jay Rodriguez link, it just screams panic homegrown signing to me.

Who says he will be as good as last season when he comes back from injury, and even then he wasn't to the standard we should be looking at.

I really do hate this homegrown quota, it just forces everyone in England to overpay for average players.

Sterling, Barkely and Kane are the best three young English players yet I bet their respective clubs will demand £40m for each! Absolute madness.

sam-caddick said:
I really don't get this Jay Rodriguez link, it just screams panic homegrown signing to me.

Who says he will be as good as last season when he comes back from injury, and even then he wasn't to the standard we should be looking at.

I really do hate this homegrown quota, it just forces everyone in England to overpay for average players.

Sterling, Barkely and Kane are the best three young English players yet I bet their respective clubs will demand £40m for each! Absolute madness.

much rather have iheanacho as 4th choice. only problem will be the CL, he would take a foreign spot but for the PL he wont need to be registered

yep, and only the first has shown any sustained end product (although massively diminished this season) , while the last one has to prove it for at least the end of this year. barkley for all his impressive physical and technical attributes lacks a lot of mental and tactical attributes and has little product

Looking at our current squad and assuming that the players – Scott Sinclair, Matija Nastasic and John Gudetti are to be sold and Micah Richards will not return to City, and maybe Wilfried Bony will be bought, how would you want the team to be for the start of next season i.e. after the Jan and then summer transfer windows end ? What would be a realistic first 11, subs bench and squad and who should\could be moved on i.e. 4 options for each player - first 11, bench, squad, moved on ?

Player FIRST 11 (Y/N) BENCH (Y/N) 25 MAN SQUAD (Y/N) SELL (Y/N)

Joe Hart
Willy Caballero
Richard Wright
Angus Gunn
Pablo Zabaleta
Bacary Sagna
Gael Clichy
Alex Kolarov
Vincent Kompany
Martin Demichelis
Elaquim Mangala
Dedryk Boyata
Jason Denayer
Karim Rekik
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya Toure
Frank Lampard ???
James Milner
Samir Nasri
Jesus Navas
David Silva
Sergio Aguero
Edin Dzeko
Stevan Jovetic
JoseAngel Pozo
Jordy Hiwula
Thierry Ambrose
Seko Fofana
Brandon Barker
Devante Cole
Marcos Lopes
Bruno Zuculini
Kelechi Iheanacho

Wilfred Bony

A new keeper
A new right back
A new left back
A new central defender
A new central midfielder
A new winger
A new forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.