January window

isnt there a rumour that some shit has gone down with Sancho though....nothing to do with being injured..some offield stuff?
Not sure mate, it could potentially be the case considering how much he has dropped off the radar.

That's your opinion, I think he's excellent.

Zinchenko is essentially playing as a midfielder for them, that's not Tierney's game
Brilliant idea then, lets bring in a player who doesn't play the way our manager wants our full backs to play.

In fact, said player actually lost his job to someone who used to play for us and is being managed by someone who learnt everything he knows from Pep which is why he can't get in the team.

Brilliant idea then, lets bring in a player who doesn't play the way our manager wants our full backs to play.

In fact, said player actually lost his job to someone who used to play for us and is being managed by someone who learnt everything he knows from Pep which is why he can't get in the team.
Love your sacarsm, it's so edgy :/

He isn't in the team because he's come back from injury and zinchenko has kept the jersey, that's generally how football works - you play well you keep the spot, it doesn't mean the man behind you isn't as good.

Most recently it's been our right back who moves into midfield, not the left back, every man and his dog are bemoaning our lack of wide left options, Tierney is one and could be available at a reasonable price

Everyone is also bemoaning the fact that zinchenko was allowed to leave, Tierney is easily as good a left back. By your logic Tierney who has been working with arteta for 2 years and generally replaces zinchenko should have a good idea as to how to play that style, no?

Feel free to suggest other options, but who is available? Gomez is not good enough, but when he plays pep has him wide and high, firing in deliveries. The reason cancelo, ake etc don't do that is because they can't do it. Ake is a centre back and cancelo is right footed. Tierney could be that option/outlet that we have unfortunately be sadly lacking this season.

Love your sacarsm, it's so edgy :/

He isn't in the team because he's come back from injury and zinchenko has kept the jersey, that's generally how football works - you play well you keep the spot, it doesn't mean the man behind you isn't as good.

Most recently it's been our right back who moves into midfield, not the left back, every man and his dog are bemoaning our lack of wide left options, Tierney is one and could be available at a reasonable price

Everyone is also bemoaning the fact that zinchenko was allowed to leave, Tierney is easily as good a left back. By your logic Tierney who has been working with arteta for 2 years and generally replaces zinchenko should have a good idea as to how to play that style, no?

Feel free to suggest other options, but who is available? Gomez is not good enough, but when he plays pep has him wide and high, firing in deliveries. The reason cancelo, ake etc don't do that is because they can't do it. Ake is a centre back and cancelo is right footed. Tierney could be that option/outlet that we have unfortunately be sadly lacking this season.
Well it’s the truth isn’t it.
Tierney can’t do what Zinchenko can, that’s why he’s not in the team.

Yes our right back has been doing it, because it’s Rico Lewis who is comfortable doing that Zinchenko style role. Walker, Ake and Cancelo do some variant of it but it’s not the same quality.

I don’t have any other suggestions. There is no one out there available and capable of playing the role imo.

Unless Cancelo leaves we won’t be signing anyone any time soon anyway.

Cancelo is in bad form at the minute but let’s be real here, he’s level above Tierney hence the personal accolades and the team performances in the past two years.

Well it’s the truth isn’t it.
Tierney can’t do what Zinchenko can, that’s why he’s not in the team.

Yes our right back has been doing it, because it’s Rico Lewis who is comfortable doing that Zinchenko style role. Walker, Ake and Cancelo do some variant of it but it’s not the same quality.

I don’t have any other suggestions. There is no one out there available and capable of playing the role imo.

Unless Cancelo leaves we won’t be signing anyone any time soon anyway.

Cancelo is in bad form at the minute but let’s be real here, he’s level above Tierney hence the personal accolades and the team performances in the past two years.
Never said cancelo wasn't better than Tierney, nor did I say Tierney was the next Roberto Carlos.

My point was merely that we lack width on the left, Tierney could bring that and it wouldn't cost the earth. And if he got the right treatment to get over his recent injury issues he has the ability to actually be a very strong player in that role.

We don't agree on this one, C'est la vie

Last edited:
My views on our summer signing are, the best player you can get, a squad player, an English player and a youth player, looking at that would say Bellingham, but it should also be a striker an attacking midfielder a defensive midfielder and a defender, 4 players, i think Pep is looking at Leao for attack, Bellingham for attacking midfield, it may be Perrone can do the defensive midfield and the defender god knows, i should imagine City are monitoring Bayern`s finances closely with a view of Davis, but that does not sort our failings now, for that i would buy Madueke as back up to Marhez would be nice to gazump Chelsea as well, then i would stop pussy footing about and bring back Porro he is playing far better than walker and has done for over a year, £70 million for 2 good prodigies one English the other Club trained.
Not going to happen though.

We could really do with a good signing or two this month to reinvigorate the team. Everything about us is a bit slow and flat, we need some pace and dynamism in the side, or at least an on field leader. Seem to be coasting a bit, making it easy for Arsenal.

We could really do with a good signing or two this month to reinvigorate the team. Everything about us is a bit slow and flat, we need some pace and dynamism in the side, or at least an on field leader. Seem to be coasting a bit, making it easy for Arsenal.
We need some inspiration, one signing could reinvigorate everyone at the club, manager, players and fans, we need to get back on track and quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.