January window

Palinha won't be interested in being Rodri's understudy.
I think a 28 year old midfielder playing for Fulham would jump at a chance to join the best club in the world, regardless if he is seen as first choice or not. If Bayern come back for him (which is very possible) or another big club try to sign him, he might consider his options. But Palhinha declining the chance to join City if that would be the offer on the table seems extremely unlikely, even if it is to be Rodris backup.

I think a 28 year old midfielder playing for Fulham would jump at a chance to join the best club in the world, regardless if he is seen as first choice or not. If Bayern come back for him (which is very possible) or another big club try to sign him, he might consider his options. But Palhinha declining the chance to join City if that would be the offer on the table seems extremely unlikely, even if it is to be Rodris backup.

Agreed, would he be a guaranteed starter at Bayern as well?

While the lure of trophies might be tempting he is going to get other options, he is the best out and out DM in the league.

We are top of our CL group and top of the Prem mate. It's not too shabby, is it?

I thought we'd be quite a bit off the pace at this stage in the season, and need to move mountains to claw it back based on the toll of the last few years with covid, euros, winter WC, etc. Been pleasantly surprised and it we can reprise out Feb onwards form we are in great shape

KDB is another hamstring injury away from being done at the apex-world class level. The game is too hard and fast for players with dodgy musculature, and you age in dog years in your 30s in this game, unless you can stay injury free.

At best, KDB plays 2.5 more years, so it’s not too early to bring in, and nurture, his replacement. Someone in the 23-25 age range would be perfect, but quality is more important than age!

We don’t know how kdb is gonna back from injury and we also need to look at trying to replace him if possible .

We don’t need to replace him in January though. Long term I agree, but he could easily play for a few more years with us.

if KDB is fit his replacement will be a bench warmer for most games. We also have Alvarez who’s been fantastic in a similar attacking role

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.