January window

Not getting Bellingham was a huge blow, I get the feeling Pep was putting everything in getting that one over the line.

We have compromised on our MF signings and it shows.
Shouldn’t have been as if was common knowledge he was going to Madrid and also rice was never coming either as he always wanted arsenal . I cocked up on rice as I didn’t think he would be that good but I was wrong .

Shouldn’t have been as if was common knowledge he was going to Madrid and also rice was never coming either as he always wanted arsenal . I cocked up on rice as I didn’t think he would be that good but I was wrong .
Rice is just a very good, solid footballer, never seems to have a bad game, another Gareth Barry.

Not getting Bellingham was a huge blow, I get the feeling Pep was putting everything in getting that one over the line.

We have compromised on our MF signings and it shows.
Totally agree. Think our summer was built around getting Kovacic, Bellingham and Gvardiol.
When Bellingham didn’t happen, we started fumbling around Especially with De Bruyne’s injury.
First, it was Paqueta, then a last minute deal for Nunes.

the fact we played makeshift midfield last night rather than any of the last 3 midfielders we signed shows exactly what needs to be done in the transfer window. Actually doing it might be tricky though

Even with De Bruyne coming back I think we could do with 2 more bodies in the squad.

Midfielder is absolutely a priority, Kalvin not good enough, Kovacic is too old to not be settling right away. Nunes I've a bit more patience with but he's been below what's expected too.

If we are going to buy someone in the window for now, I suspect it's more likely we'll go for another winger or wide player for the right. In midfield we will be spoilt for choice once they are all back, but we need an alternative to Grealish and Doku and not end up playing Foden/Bernardo out there just to give them game time. We need to boss midfields in the final months and that means having big numbers to rotate in the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.