January window

Nunes has barely played since he has arrived and has been injured I like his pace and ball control. But he needs time and sometimes need to slow things down and be in a midfield that’s working not like the one against Villa

I think people have got some what rose tinted specs about Gundo and overly negative view of Nunes

Gundo came to us injured having never scored many goals he was great every season but he only had a few seasons where he scored a lot of goals he got better with time Nunes may do the same
Gundog was up against Yaya, David Silva, Bernard Silva, Fernandinho & latterly Rodri & Foden. He found regular playing time hard to come by when he first arrived, but by the end he proved his control, passing & goal instinct were invaluable to our recent success.

Gundog always had those capabilities, but unfortunately he found himself competing with some of the world's very best. For me, Nunes never has been & doesn't seem he'll ever be on that level.

I hope he proves me wrong, but alas I doubt he will.

Last edited:
Paqueta is top drawer like he was for Lyon and hopefully this is one transfer we can get over the line .

Seems a perfect bench player tbh, jack of all etc. get him graduated from pep education bet he could be used anywhere on the pitch at somepoint.
I get that, but if you look at Pep's recent squads they've been full of starters, not utility bench warmers, with the rest being elite Academy products.

We can accommodate bench warmers if we had a bigger squad, but not with a squad of 18 senior members, with the rest being Academy lads.

Taking injuries, suspensions, loss of form & rotation into account, we've always had the highest quality on the bench to replace the highest quality on the pitch.

Having Nunes is like going back to Jesus & relying on him to supply 30+ goals per season, or expecting Zinchenko to stop Salah.

They were both solid pros, but were a level below the elite players a small squad like ours needs to be successful on several fronts over the course of a gruelling season.

Last edited:
I get that, but if you look at Pep's recent squads they've been full of starters, not utility bench warmers, & the rest being elite Academy products.

We can accommodate those using a bigger squad, but not with a squad of 18 senior members.

Taking injuries, suspensions, loss of form & rotation into account, we've always had the highest quality to replace the highest quality.

Having Nunes is like going back to Jesus & relying on him to supply 30+ goals per season, or expecting Zinchenko to stop Salah.

They were both solid pros, but were a level below the elite players a small squad needs to be successful on several fronts.
How many started out as 'starter' level though, they were all starters as they were all given time. Im not writing those that have been here 3 months. Those at a year though and making no impact or trust? bye bye

How many started out as 'starter' level though, they were all starters as they were all given time. Im not writing those that have been here 3 months. Those at a year though and making no impact or trust? bye bye
The difference being, those needing a year showed all the promise we needed to pursue them before they arrived.

Even Wolves fans were surprised we were in for Nunes. They were creaming themselves that they negotiated up to £54m for him.

They said he was inconsistent, & rarely showed this feted world class tag some placed on him when at Wolves.

Pep called him one of the best midfielders in the world when he was at Sporting, but when asked again a couple of months ago, he admitted he was exaggerating when he claimed that.

The point I'm making is the players we signed previously showed the level of class to be starters before we signed them.

Some it took a season to settle. Others two. Some like Stones it took 3-4. Can anyone seriously claim that Nunes has ever shown City starter level consistency before he arrived here?

A struggling Wolves bought him for a modest sum, with no competition. We bought him from Wolves as a panic buy after failing to get Paqueta & Ezé, with zero competition for his signature. This alone says it all imo. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Last edited:
The point I'm making is the players we signed previously showed the level of class to be starters before we signed them.

Some it took a season. Others two. Some like Stones it took 3-4. Can anyone seriously claim that Nunes has ever shown City starter level consistency before he arrived here?

A struggling Wolves bought him for a modest sum, with no competition. We bought him from Wolves as a panic buy with no competition. This alone says it all imo. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Fair enough, im happy to put nunes in the glimpses, i can see why category for now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.