January window

Don’t see us doing much business at all this window. If Phillips goes then we may bring in a replacement but even that isn’t a given.

If Internazionale are in such difficulties, then Dumfries would be an astute acquisition. Could play instead or ahead of Walker, maybe even in the middle in the Stones role. However, I can’t see such a deal happening at short notice. Given our recent business with Barcelona, maybe Raphinha could be induced on loan. Has experience of the league and could play the role Mahrez did. Still don’t think we’ll sign anyone but if injuries keep mounting or can’t be shaken, a little addition might just be necessary.

Depends on if the Inter news is true mate? I assume the club would be ready if an opportunity presented itself. Was talking to someone before who said Tolmie was posting on Twitter that contrary to what is being reported he had been told two new signings in January? Not sure if that includes the young lad Claudio as a signing even though we won’t see him for a year but I would imagine if Phillips goes as expected then the club need to bring someone in asap as we got lucky with Rodri in the world club final but he also needs a break so we would have to bring a top class player in not only to rest him but also challenge him to keep his level up? Maybe Pep would also play a flat back 4 and a double pivot going for or he got the right guy in and be more solid in certain games? Would love Barella to be honest if there was a deal to be had.
Agree that a player who can effectively cover for Rodri should be a priority. Also feel that it is unlikely. A player with that capability is unlikely to be available in January. City rarely snatch at a player, so unless an already scouted player suddenly becomes available, it seems unrealistic sadly. If the Inter situation is acute, and Barella could be persuaded be would be brilliant. Not like for like but could possibly play alongside Rodri as well as be an alternative..

If Internazionale are in such difficulties, then Dumfries would be an astute acquisition. Could play instead or ahead of Walker, maybe even in the middle in the Stones role. However, I can’t see such a deal happening at short notice. Given our recent business with Barcelona, maybe Raphinha could be induced on loan. Has experience of the league and could play the role Mahrez did. Still don’t think we’ll sign anyone but if injuries keep mounting or can’t be shaken, a little addition might just be necessary.
Dumfries looks a good option I had a look on transfermarket thought he was midfield or forward player but he is RM or RB. I think Walker has lost a bit of pace or something this year. He is one of our older players so we need to be ready to replace him when needed and if we are sticking with the same style when we do then he needs to be attack minded

Dumfries looks a good option I had a look on transfermarket thought he was midfield or forward player but he is RM or RB. I think Walker has lost a bit of pace or something this year. He is one of our older players so we need to be ready to replace him when needed and if we are sticking with the same style when we do then he needs to be attack minded
Walker plays best when he's got competition for his place. When we bought Cancelo, it led to Walker seriously upping his game, hence Cancelo being unhappy at not playing regularly.

Luckily, Cancelo played well at LB which eased the pressure all round.

If only we could find another Fernandinho, he would provide real cover for Rodri and also provide cover along the back line.
Also, there is the Haaland question to answer. The team is built around him but if he is out then our focal point is gone and we either have to rely on Alvarez in a role which he's not really comfortable with or we go back two years for the regurgitated Revie Plan which we succeeded with.
Maybe we should look around for a CF who is pacey, bustling and awkward, someone like the kind of front man that teams like Brentford could find, someone like Shaun Goater, someone who would work out relatively cheap to buy and only too willing to come here without any expectation other than to make himself a fans favourite in the limited number of games that he'd get.
I'd be happy with that for a winter strengthening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.