January window

Paqueta's pulled a hamstring. It's not like Gollum called in a priest to give him his last rites.

He might be out for 4-8 weeks which takes us at most to the end of February. I think our season would be different if we'd got him instead of Nunes.

View attachment 102706

We also took a chance on Gundog, knowing he had a dislocated kneecap & could be out for a further 5 months after we bought him.

Gundo was a bargain at £20m, not like the £80m+ West Ham want for Paqueta, plus he didn’t have a potential ban looming over him.

How long is the betting investigation going on for, would assume would be resolved one way or another by the end of the season.

At which point I would imagine we would make a bid if not willing to meet release clause.

I have watched him quite a lot this season and he’s an impressive player.

Could fill in for Rodri to some extent but his main skill would be playing alongside him is my view.

Gundo was a bargain at £20m, not like the £80m+ West Ham want for Paqueta, plus he didn’t have a potential ban looming over him.
And he’s not in the same league as gundogan. We should be able to do better that throwing massive money at this fella. We don’t usually get things wrong, although tbf last window was underwhelming..

How long is the betting investigation going on for, would assume would be resolved one way or another by the end of the season.

At which point I would imagine we would make a bid if not willing to meet release clause.

Could fill in for Rodri to some extent but his main skill would be playing alongside him is my view.
Looks an amazing player, far superior to Rice.

If we get him I think we are complete for next season too.

We may if there is no ban, but we could also be looking elsewhere in case there is a ban. If it isn't resolved by Mrch/April though we could well start negotiations for an alternative.

At £21m, Gundog was the bargain of the century. However, I do recall him missing a significant part of that season, & it taking him time to find his feet.

I've just seen further reports from Sky, saying Paqueta's people in Brazil are still hopeful the deal can be resurrected in January, with Sky not ruling out a move by City if Philips leaves on loan to Newcastle or Juvé as bring rumoured.

I know Paqueta's played CDM for WHU, plays as a winger for Brazil, & can operate as a No 8 or No 10, so who knows what Baldy's thinking for January if Philips leaves?

It wouldn't surprise me if the price was right.

https://www.westhamzone.com/transfe...est-ham-united-star-lucas-paqueta-in-january/

Stories in Brazil, Andre might be staying in Fluminese till summer at least

I think reality may have smacked him in the gob after the CWC Final.

I bet he was left thinking it was best he stayed in Brazil a while longer & improved before making the step up to PL level.

Imagine if his final performance was his first in the PL? It could shatter his confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.