January window

Paqueta's pulled a hamstring. It's not like Gollum called in a priest to give him his last rites.

He might be out for 4-8 weeks which takes us at most to the end of February. I think our season would be different if we'd got him instead of Nunes.

View attachment 102706

We also took a chance on Gundog, knowing he had a dislocated kneecap & could be out for a further 5 months after we bought him.
Not if he then gets banned for a year.

Yes it's academic, but if he was fit, available & money was no object, of all the CDM's I can think of, Camavinga would be my first pick.

If you could pick any two CDM's, who would you opt for?
A realistic option to play in Rodri's role? Locatelli from Juventus...

lol why would they swap a decent DM for a shit one
They wouldn't, especially a ball playing 25 year old international who can also play as an 8. Pep liked him a couple years back. A technically gifted DM in the Rodri mold in that he contributes offensively and can spray the ball around. Also, at 6'1" he's on the bigger side. Juve would want Phillips to relieve him of some of dirty work, not as a like for like. Point being Locatelli would suit us way, way better than Phillips...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.