Januzaj mania? What the....

Big Swifty

Am I alone in being bemused by this obsession with Januzaj? Will he play for England/Albania/Serbia/Belgium.......
How come he is immediately expected to be drafted into an England squad? Is he good enough? Is he the new Gascoigne, Best, Pele, or what? He made his competitive PL debut less than a month ago.
OK, he scored a couple of decent goals, but does that automatically entitle him to an England cap?
I seem to remember Paul Hince getting a couple on his debut (I think it was his debut), but nobody suggested that he should be capped by his country?
I would like to ask - is he any good? Why do the media assume he is an international star on the basis of a couple of games, or just the one? I'm sick of reading about him. Let him show some talent over a period before we all build him up just to knock him down.
Please, someone, help me out of my state of confusion and bewilderment.

To be fair he does look pretty good. It is quite rare for an 18 year old to score two on his first premier league start. Having said that, I agree that the hype over which country he will play for has become over the top. There is absolutely no chance he will play for England as he would have to wait until he's 23 to do so.

He looks a really good player but to early to judge but all this media spunking will end and when he fucks of to another club he will be lambasted and another media frenzy will begin

I take your point, but I was just puzzled by the assumption that after one PL start, a player WILL be good enough for England (if & when available).
Many a bright start has ended in disappointment. If he'd scored two for Norwich or Palace, would he have been elevated to stardom in the same way?

He scored 2 goals against a club at the bottom of the league!
Suddenley He is Englands Greatest Hope.
I wonder if he played for Swansea or Hull would he get this much coverage?

Remember when Hince scored two on his debut?

It's another episode of RagMeedyaMania. It doesn't matter about anything other than the fact that the lad scored 'em in a scarlet tablecloth!!

And as for playing in England, he should be signing up for Belgium! When the obvious is spurned I am hyper-suspicious of ulterior motives. Why wouldn't he want to play for the Belgian national side? I smell a rat (and a Rag)!

The media wankfest will stop in a heartbeat when he doesn't sign his new contract and fucks them off like all their other decent youth prospects do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.