Japan v Spain, Costa Rica v Germany - Thu 1st Dec, 19:00 | Group E | World Cup 2022

Who will qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's us in England now going to see
Bruno Fernandes set Rashford up from down the tunnel to score at ushited.
The rat will quickly adapt this new rule into his repotair

The issue here is: does that capture when he actually makes contact with the ball?

And is it really "conclusive" evidence sufficient to overturn the on field decision.

Not even suggesting corruption here, more incompetence and limitations of VAR.

It is from a video, I just took the frame at which the ball is at its furthest point forward. Maybe the frame rate of that video wasn’t the best and VAR has better, I don’t know.

Either way, I don’t disagree the communication is absolutely the biggest problem here. If I was VAR though and I saw the above image and confirmed that was the furthest point forward it looks pretty clear to me, this isn’t a subjective decision like a penalty decision, I’d find it hard not to overturn it if I’m being honest.

It is from a video, I just took the frame at which the ball is at its furthest point forward. Maybe the frame rate of that video wasn’t the best and VAR has better, I don’t know.

Either way, I don’t disagree the communication is absolutely the biggest problem here. If I was VAR though and I saw the above image and confirmed that was the furthest point forward it looks pretty clear to me, this isn’t a subjective decision like a penalty decision, I’d find it hard not to overturn it if I’m being honest.
Even in that case, it is still limited by the framerate of the camera (which is one of the big issues with VAR in general). That is, it may not actually be the furthest position of the ball, especially when you take in to account over angles that seem to indicate it went further before contact with the Japanese player's boot.

That is the issue: they were overturning the on field decision, not confirm it, which is meant to have a higher standard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.