Japan v Spain, Costa Rica v Germany - Thu 1st Dec, 19:00 | Group E | World Cup 2022

Who will qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These days I am so disconnected from the German Nationalteam that this was my first thought as well. Trapp and Götze will be home in Frankfurt, getting a rest and are not injured.

It's weird how almost no one I know cares about the national team anymore. It went completely downhill after 2014.
Spot on.
In fact we have our own definition of WC boycott now... ;)
First time in my life I don't really care.

Imagine we would have pissed on Infantino's party and had stayed home instead of playing those 3 matches. What a win that was, Germany refusing to play a World Cup.

Sure enough DFB didn't have the balls. Especially under Bierhoff. His soft personality focused on marketing is the trademark of Germany's game nowadays. Since 2016 I wait for the day Bierhoff gets sacked.

I am not very much interested in international football but the problem is you get a lot of people that come out of the woodwork every couple of years proclaiming to be experts. I have to add, that I thought the professional commentary/judgement was abysmal with respect to Japan's goal. For me, that ball has at no point gone out of play. And VAR made the correct decision. I was actually surprised how it took so long to make that judgement. And for people using the grass argument; just raise the ball in the air a meter and apply the same logic.

VAR did good on this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.