Japan v Spain, Costa Rica v Germany - Thu 1st Dec, 19:00 | Group E | World Cup 2022

Who will qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe the camera is correctly positioned, and the reason the goal post isn't aligned correctly with the goal line is because that Japanese player has just collided with the post.

Or if the camera is out of line, it needs to go slightly to the right to make the post align with the goal line. In this event, the ball would appear to shift slightly left, and would be even more in play.
The camera isn't used in deciding whether the ball crossed the goal line. They provide a graphic just for the sake of it. The ref's watch is what makes the call - and has been used in the Pl and abroad for a number of years.

The ref wears a watch that is linked up to goal-line technology - when the complete ball crosses the line it tells the ref's on their watch. This has been used for quite a few years now, in the PL and abroad. This isn't new technology specifically for this world cup. We've relied on this for years.
Not true, it’s only the line within the goal posts and under the bar, it should be used on all of the line from corner to corner but it isn’t.

So ignoring the laws of the game?
That would have been out 9 times out of 10 until VAR came along and going back a few decades as stated if more than half the ball went over the line it was generally given as out by most professional refs and linesmen

That's what she said.

It's definitely a goal looking at that even if it's the smallest of margins but spot on, still no idea why it wasn't shown earlier on but couldn't care less about them, the Germans are a lot like dippers they'll see themselves as the victims in all this and start another world war, they felt like victims in the first world war which enabled Adolf's rise to power they truly are the dippers of European countries... It's even why they created U-boats they had to dip some more.
Well I suppose they have the opportunity to start another WW currently and sure was there not a Russian official involved in the decision to give that goal back in 66?

Great news, Gundogod like KDB gets a nice rest.
These days I am so disconnected from the German Nationalteam that this was my first thought as well. Trapp and Götze will be home in Frankfurt, getting a rest and are not injured.

It's weird how almost no one I know cares about the national team anymore. It went completely downhill after 2014.

That would have been out 9 times out of 10 until VAR came along and going back a few decades as stated if more than half the ball went over the line it was generally given as out by most professional refs and linesmen
I agree it would have been given, but the laws of the game have always stated the whole of the ball must be over the whole of the line for it to be out of play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.