Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denayer is taller than Thiago Silva and Nicolas Otamendi (one of the best CBs in Europe this season)! Height is completely irrelevant if you can jump well, just look at Sagna who wins tons of aerial duels but is tiny.

LoveCity said:
Denayer is taller than Thiago Silva and Nicolas Otamendi (one of the best CBs in Europe this season)! Height is completely irrelevant if you can jump well, just look at Sagna who wins tons of aerial duels but is tiny.
He's the same size as Demichelis. I honestly cant see how it's even an arguament

LoveCity said:

I'm pretty sure those who have made the comment are on the wum,however,if not........just to add a some weight........The best English centreback of his generation is a similar build.

Denayer is also still developing,in every way.

Proelia said:
Kun Aguero said:
Proelia said:
article-1232367-05CA769C0000044D-401_468x670.jpg
One season and he wasnt even that impressive also doped

Maldini?

Are you just going to find an excuse for everyone who isn't Brede Hangaland's height?

FantasyIreland said:
LoveCity said:

I'm pretty sure those who have made the comment are on the wum,however,if not........just to add a some weight........The best English centreback of his generation is a similar build.

Denayer is also still developing,in every way.

But i thought Chris Smalling was 6'3?

Kun Aguero said:
Proelia said:
Kun Aguero said:
One season and he wasnt even that impressive also doped

Maldini?

Are you just going to find an excuse for everyone who isn't Brede Hangaland's height?

Franco Baresi, 5' 9 1/2", one of the greatest if not the greatest of all time.

BigOscar said:
Neville Kneville said:
BigOscar said:
I don't see much reason not to keep both Rekik and Denayer here untill January along with an experienced backup, so we have 5 CB's(some of whom can cover other positions). Give them both a chance to fight for a place before loaning one/both of them out in January (or short term loans outside the window to Championship sides earlier if it's not working?). Rekik already has 2 years of first team football under his belt, so 6 months not playing every week wouldn't ruin him, same for Denayer with a year under his belt. I'd rather give them a proper chance to fight for a place than be in a hurry to get rid of them. If they can't get into the team, then loan them out for the second half of the season, or sell Rekik if he cannot make it (as it's getting towards make or break for him, not much point in keeping loaning people out forever)

You'd imagine they'd both be happy to stay here 6 months if they were told that it was there chance to really fight for a place.

I don't think Rekik is happy with that from what he has said, he wouldn't have wanted that even this season.

I don't think he is coming back.
I think it matters how you explain it to them. If you tell him, "look, here's your chance to fight for a place, train with the first team and either make it or break it, give it six months and if it's not working we'll help you go somewhere", I don't see how he could turn his nose up at it. If you instead just string them along and say you need them to be "part of the squad" or whatever, it's not hard to see why they worry they won't be given a fair crack and will instead be just wasting their time.

I'm loathe to let the better youth players leave without ever even being given a real shot, especially with the need for HG players and the ridiculous price that goes with them. He's doesn't have to show himself to be a world beater, even an average premier league player can be a real asset to us if they are from our own academy, just look at how many bang average academy players the rags have always had filling out their squads. I just don't think it sets a very good precedent or example for the rest of the academy.

As far as I can see, we haven't offered Rekik a new contract & I recon his old one will run out in the summer (that will be three years), so PSV or maybe some Italians, will probably just sign him in the summer. He seems to like being at PSV.

I was expecting to hear some kind of rumours re an agreement to sell or a new deal, but I have heard neither. If we invite him to try out for pre season, then he turns out to be looking good enough for our first team squad, then I imagine if we offered him a full Prem deal as a first team cb, he'd take it, but I doubt he will agree to sign as a stop gap. He may well be a champion in Holland.

For what it's worth, I don't think he's even good enough to play for a mid table Prem side let alone City. He's too heavy & cumbersome. Nastasic imo was much better & more mobile & we don't consider him good enough so..

I don't like the idea of players leaving & us not seeing them in our own team though. Ok he was dogshit in the recent friendlies he's played for City, but he will have had another year's' experience come the summer & maybe won a title. I think we should have fixed it so that we at least see him playing in our team again & then make a decision, but it looks like he will be holding all the cards.

If he decides he wants to go, then I don't think we can stop him.

Neville Kneville said:
BigOscar said:
Neville Kneville said:
I don't think Rekik is happy with that from what he has said, he wouldn't have wanted that even this season.

I think it matters how you explain it to them. If you tell him, "look, here's your chance to fight for a place, train with the first team and either make it or break it, give it six months and if it's not working we'll help you go somewhere", I don't see how he could turn his nose up at it. If you instead just string them along and say you need them to be "part of the squad" or whatever, it's not hard to see why they worry they won't be given a fair crack and will instead be just wasting their time.

I'm loathe to let the better youth players leave without ever even being given a real shot, especially with the need for HG players and the ridiculous price that goes with them. He's doesn't have to show himself to be a world beater, even an average premier league player can be a real asset to us if they are from our own academy, just look at how many bang average academy players the rags have always had filling out their squads. I just don't think it sets a very good precedent or example for the rest of the academy.

As far as I can see, we haven't offered Rekik a new contract & I recon his old one will run out in the summer (that will be three years), so PSV or maybe some Italians, will probably just sign him in the summer. He seems to like being at PSV.

I was expecting to hear some kind of rumours re an agreement to sell or a new deal, but I have heard neither. If we invite him to try out for pre season, then he turns out to be looking good enough for our first team squad, then I imagine if we offered him a full Prem deal as a first team cb, he'd take it, but I doubt he will agree to sign as a stop gap. He may well be a champion in Holland.

For what it's worth, I don't think he's even good enough to play for a mid table Prem side let alone City. He's too heavy & cumbersome. Nastasic imo was much better & more mobile & we don't consider him good enough so..

I don't like the idea of players leaving & us not seeing them in our own team though. Ok he was dogshit in the recent friendlies he's played for City, but he will have had another year's' experience come the summer & maybe won a title. I think we should have fixed it so that we at least see him playing in our team again & then make a decision, but it looks like he will be holding all the cards.

Transfermarkt reckon his contract runs until June 2016, which might mean we're planning to take a look at him in pre-season and then either resign him or cash in while he's got a year left.

Neville Kneville said:
BigOscar said:
Neville Kneville said:

I don't see Rekik being good enough for City but with Denayer it's different.

Rekik looks good on the ball but doesn't look as good one v one as Denayer does which for me is the absolute necessary requirement for a defender playing for a top team playing at the highest level, technically Denayer looks superior as well.

Whether Denayer will be as good as Vince I don't know but I think he will come close.

My only question re Denayer is whether it's cb he ends up playing.

If he does play there, he will be something different to anything we have seen at City & the back 4 will have to learn to play accordingly. He's giving away something like 14 kg compared to someone like Mangala, so we have to realise he will be a very different player, as a cb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.