Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have seen thus far we may have 2 loanees that should be considered for recall next season, unfortunately for only one spot so shyould it be Denayer or Rekik ? Personally I think another season for Denayer with a better standard and bring back Rekik, possibly even look to move Denayer across to PSV if interested to fill the void that would be left by Karim ?

I totally agree re Van Dijk, everytime I have watched him play I think, what a player and often wondered if there is something I am missing.

With regards to Denayer, he looks a top prospect and I believe he will be in the squad next year with Demi and Boyata moving on. Will help the HG situation too.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
From what I have seen thus far we may have 2 loanees that should be considered for recall next season, unfortunately for only one spot so shyould it be Denayer or Rekik ? Personally I think another season for Denayer with a better standard and bring back Rekik, possibly even look to move Denayer across to PSV if interested to fill the void that would be left by Karim ?

God no, I'm not too sure he could learn anything at PSV that he wouldn't in the SPL. If he's going out on loan again next season, we should be looking at a mid table club in Spain, Italy or Germany, someone like Levante, Espanyol, Parma, Stuttgart etc.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:

I think we should bring both back & look at them pre season.

Imo, Denayer is already as good as Rekik will be when he's 28, but I'd still like to see Rekik given a chance pre season, just in case he goes up a level amongst better players. Having two potential homegrown cbs would be fantastic.

However, I will be surprised if Rekik does come back at all.

Proelia said:
aguero93:20 said:
Proelia said:

[bigimg]http://www.forumfed.org/en/products/magazine/vol10_num1/images/spain.jpg[/bigimg]
Overrated and never played in a physical league

489598613-martin-demichelis-of-manchester-city-poses-gettyimages.jpg

Puyol is not a bad shout for the kind of player Denayer could become I think.

He is a little bit more reserved at the moment, but he loves getting in blocks, & although not yet being great in the air, he really does attack the ball when he gets it right. I'm confident he will get much better over time. He's quick & mobile, great on the ball, great 1v1, proper tackler.

In our attacking, open style, I can imagine him producung a few defensive heroics in our future.

I think the Celtic loan has been excellent for Denayer. You can easily slag of the standard and the one sided nature of many of the games but you can only dominate a league by consistently playing to a higher level than the opposition. At 19 years old it could not go much better for him and I’d be tempted to leave him there for another season as he is clearly a first choice player for them. Starting every week would not be guaranteed anywhere else.

RE Van Dijk, he is 23 and a foreign player for CL purposes, that puts him in an entirely different category and where we have gone all out on Mangala. You have to show him faith now and play him for the rest of this season and intend to play him first choice all of next. I am 100% convinced he will come good if given the time. Buying in a similar player with a less impressive CV would be madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.