Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronny Deila urges Jason Denayer to extend stay at Celtic
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The teenager has maintained he will return to the Premiership side this summer when his loan deal with the Hoops ends, but Deila has not given up hope of securing the player on another temporary deal.

"He is doing well and is 20 years old," he said. "He has had a good year here and I still think he should stay here for at least half a year. Hopefully we go through the Champions League qualification and he can be part of that.

"To take him away and have him sitting on the bench at Manchester City would not be good for his career. I talk with Jason a lot, but it's not just about us and him, it's about what City think also.

"He will go back there for pre-season, but we will see what is possible after that, if we can do something. If he does well down there and starts playing at City it will be tough to get him back. He will try and do that and you never know what could happen.

"But if you're in a good place and are developing all the time, then it's important to appreciate that and not go somewhere else and sit on the bench again. Money is not the important thing and Jason doesn't think like that. To develop, to play and get the experience is the most important thing for him."

FantasyIreland said:

The teenager has maintained he will return to the Premiership side this summer when his loan deal with the Hoops ends, but Deila has not given up hope of securing the player on another temporary deal.

"He is doing well and is 20 years old," he said. "He has had a good year here and I still think he should stay here for at least half a year. Hopefully we go through the Champions League qualification and he can be part of that.

"To take him away and have him sitting on the bench at Manchester City would not be good for his career. I talk with Jason a lot, but it's not just about us and him, it's about what City think also.

"He will go back there for pre-season, but we will see what is possible after that, if we can do something. If he does well down there and starts playing at City it will be tough to get him back. He will try and do that and you never know what could happen.

"But if you're in a good place and are developing all the time, then it's important to appreciate that and not go somewhere else and sit on the bench again. Money is not the important thing and Jason doesn't think like that. To develop, to play and get the experience is the most important thing for him."
Two lots of sitting on the bench and one reference to money (although he'd get the same money anyway I'd thought), so Celtic can do one now.
Besides, he can't even get his age right. He's 19 not 20.

ColinLee said:
FantasyIreland said:

Two lots of sitting on the bench and one reference to money (although he'd get the same money anyway I'd thought), so Celtic can do one now.
Besides, he can't even get his age right. He's 19 not 20.

I think Deila has done a great job with Denayer & is teaching him exactly what City want. I hope we can send him a couple of other players in the future.

A good contact.

The_Hound said:
Celtic fan in Manchester here. I've watched him develop all year. He scored about 5 or 6 minutes into his debut this season against Dundee United, who funnily enough we played again tonight for the third time in 10 days. This boy is a class act. He was awarded MOTM tonight and to think he is just 19 is frightening. I genuinely think another season with us would benefit him and make him a far greater prospect for City in the long term. Please let us keep him for another year and we'll give you him back as future captain material in 2016. Best of luck for the rest of the season boys.

Cheers for the comment & good luck.

I think City will look at Denayer pre season & see how he works with our senior players. If he fits instantly, I think you've had it, but if he's not quite there, I think they will be tempted to give him one more season.

But from what I've seen, he'll fit in quite nicely at City straight away.

I'd actually be happy with a couple more going Celtic next season. I like the way he has them set up.

If he cant be back here next season he should move on loan to a top league where he is starting games maybe in a lesser team. I mean even a promoted PL team would be great imo at least it would be easier to follow his improvement.

He is class in Scottish league but that league is nothing to be fair.

But I would like to watch him in 4th choice CB here instead of Boyata but probably wouldnt get a lot of match time. Certainly 30ish games for a lesser PL side would improve him very well.

today's goal, ha - <a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bjKR-IuVs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bjKR-IuVs</a>

greasedupdeafguy said:
Would be very disappointed if he's loaned out again.

Him and Barker should be given every chance to be in the first next season.

Barker is a year behind Denayer though along with others.

Danayer is a proven first team player, who is fully able to play at Europa league standard. Barker is a brilliant kid with no experience whatsoever.

Barker needs to do whatever is best for the transition period between levels, but Denayer has already done it.

Either we play him a decent percentage, or we loan him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.