Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaudion M said:
I’m hoping his versatility at CB and holding midfield should help get in the squad next year.

If we need 2 for every position then the CB’s for next season would remain the same i.e. VK, Mangala, MDM, Boyata. 4th choice CB gets very little game time so I’d be happy to keep Boyata in that spot. However midfield has gaps with Lampard / Milner leaving so centre mid / holding mid could be, Yaya, Fern, Fern, Denayer.

That should see Denayer get game time next season with us – probably more than if he was to take Boyata’s place. Longer term Yaya and MDM will both leave and he should be well placed to challenge for a regular first 11 place.
I'm not sure he's played holding midfield (or has he?), but he certainly has the attributes for it. Could he play as a CM even? He has the physicality and the technical skills, has a good passing range and a smart head on his shoulders.

He strikes me as someone who could play anywhere. He's just a pure footballer.

He's probably more likely to beat a man than any our fullbacks for example, and probably someone like Fernandinho too.

Gaudion M said:
I’m hoping his versatility at CB and holding midfield should help get in the squad next year.

If we need 2 for every position then the CB’s for next season would remain the same i.e. VK, Mangala, MDM, Boyata. 4th choice CB gets very little game time so I’d be happy to keep Boyata in that spot. However midfield has gaps with Lampard / Milner leaving so centre mid / holding mid could be, Yaya, Fern, Fern, Denayer.

That should see Denayer get game time next season with us – probably more than if he was to take Boyata’s place. Longer term Yaya and MDM will both leave and he should be well placed to challenge for a regular first 11 place.
I'd pur Denayer over Demichelis as he;s younger and needs to progress. And if he keeps on playing like he does in Celtic, then I'd put him over Vk and Mangala if they continue play bad. Let's just wait till summer and see who's better. I hope we will have a new manager and he will be fair and will put into the squad those who plays better and won't buy his old mates. Denaye, Rekik, Boyata, Denichelis, somebody will stay and somebody will leave and I hope that the decision which is to be made will be logical and will consider that we must have future

ScreenShot20150325at10.56.36.png

Manchester City youngster Jason Denayer is better than Vincent Kompany was at the same age according to a report in Belgium on Wednesday. Sport Wereld have a piece on the central defender and the way he's had to battle against some negative perception in Belgium.

Denayer hasn't yet got on to the pitch for the full Belgian side but the 19 year old has been in the last few squads and that initially caused a little irritation in Belgium. Some there insisted that the Belgian league was stronger than the Scottish league and with Denayer currently on loan at Celtic, it would have been better to give the opportunity to a young defender doing well in the home league.

Manager Marc Wilmots characteristically brushed off that negativity and said he'd picked Denayer because he was the best option available to him and a very talented prospect for the future. Wilmots has labelled Denayer a "super talent" and it's quite possible the defender will get his first cap during the current international break.

Denayer moved to Manchester City in 2013 and went out on loan to Celtic last summer, the Scottish club would like to keep the player next season but Manchester City may want to extend the Belgian's contract first... his current one ends in June 2016.

An awesome achievement to get a National call up.......but it would be fantastic if he gets to partner Vinny on Saturday.

FantasyIreland said:
An awesome achievement to get a National call up.......but it would be fantastic if he gets to partner Vinny on Saturday.

From the M.E.N:

The 19-year-old Belgian defender is being tipped by that country’s media to be handed his first cap in Saturday’s European Championships qualifier against Cyprus, partnering City clubmate Vincent Kompany in central defence.

sam-caddick said:
ScreenShot20150325at10.56.36.png

Manchester City youngster Jason Denayer is better than Vincent Kompany was at the same age according to a report in Belgium on Wednesday. Sport Wereld have a piece on the central defender and the way he's had to battle against some negative perception in Belgium.

Denayer hasn't yet got on to the pitch for the full Belgian side but the 19 year old has been in the last few squads and that initially caused a little irritation in Belgium. Some there insisted that the Belgian league was stronger than the Scottish league and with Denayer currently on loan at Celtic, it would have been better to give the opportunity to a young defender doing well in the home league.

Manager Marc Wilmots characteristically brushed off that negativity and said he'd picked Denayer because he was the best option available to him and a very talented prospect for the future. Wilmots has labelled Denayer a "super talent" and it's quite possible the defender will get his first cap during the current international break.

Denayer moved to Manchester City in 2013 and went out on loan to Celtic last summer, the Scottish club would like to keep the player next season but Manchester City may want to extend the Belgian's contract first... his current one ends in June 2016.
Is there a better quality of this image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.