Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having a read of a Celtic forum and they love him to bits.

One of the best performances I've seen from a centre half tonight. Got a goal and an assist, was absolutely solid at the back, didn't put a foot wrong and was besting men like Kaka in his prime.

What a fucking player he is. I've got a feelingin 5/6 years we'll be saying I can't believe he used to play for us. Was absolutely outstanding, a geniune 10 from tonight.

shroom said:
today's goal, ha - <a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bjKR-IuVs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bjKR-IuVs</a>
Surely he didnt just do that.

moomba said:
shroom said:
today's goal, ha - <a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bjKR-IuVs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bjKR-IuVs</a>

We'll end up selling him and keep boyata

moomba said:
shroom said:

As I've said before, I'm not convinced that we will not lose something potentially fantastic, by treating him as purely a central defender.

Neville Kneville said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Would be very disappointed if he's loaned out again.

Him and Barker should be given every chance to be in the first next season.

Barker is a year behind Denayer though along with others.

Danayer is a proven first team player, who is fully able to play at Europa league standard. Barker is a brilliant kid with no experience whatsoever.

Barker needs to do whatever is best for the transition period between levels, but Denayer has already done it.

Either we play him a decent percentage, or we loan him.
Although I don't expect it I do hope we take a different root to Chelsea and actually give young players a chance instead of constantly loaning them out year after year. I see know reason why Denayer shouldn't be close to the first team next season and while Barker has had no senior football experience that didn't stop Sterling, Rooney, Januzaj etc from making an impact in the prem.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Neville Kneville said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Danayer is a proven first team player, who is fully able to play at Europa league standard. Barker is a brilliant kid with no experience whatsoever.

Barker needs to do whatever is best for the transition period between levels, but Denayer has already done it.

Although I don't expect it I do hope we take a different root to Chelsea and actually give young players a chance instead of constantly loaning them out year after year. I see know reason why Denayer shouldn't be close to the first team next season and while Barker has had no senior football experience that didn't stop Sterling, Rooney, Januzaj etc from making an impact in the prem.

Januzai's main impact is usually on the turf though.

I think we will get a pretty good idea about Denayer pre season. It was obvious pre season last summer that he had all the raw ability, but it was too raw to be useful in the first team. I'm expecting a much more measured player next time, but he will have to prove that I think.

I recon the performances of Nastasic & Rekik pre season sealed their fate for this season so far as playing for City is concerned.

It's important for Denayer to look the part when he gets his chance.

I think he will make a cracking CB if developed right. Scotland might not be the best league around but what he is learning is to cope with a massive physical battle with sts up here. He has come on leaps and bounds since the start of the season as well. Another couple of years and let him fill out a bit then hopefully he will be a top class CB, hopefully for city.

I’m hoping his versatility at CB and holding midfield should help get in the squad next year.

If we need 2 for every position then the CB’s for next season would remain the same i.e. VK, Mangala, MDM, Boyata. 4th choice CB gets very little game time so I’d be happy to keep Boyata in that spot. However midfield has gaps with Lampard / Milner leaving so centre mid / holding mid could be, Yaya, Fern, Fern, Denayer.

That should see Denayer get game time next season with us – probably more than if he was to take Boyata’s place. Longer term Yaya and MDM will both leave and he should be well placed to challenge for a regular first 11 place.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Neville Kneville said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

I'll repeat what I just said on another forum - we need to stop expecting our young players to do what Rooney did. I'd argue that Sterling has shown a lot of inconsistency and Januzaj too (where is he now?). There are not many players who come into the first team at a young age and make a consistent impact. Rooney is a very rare occurance. Barkley too has been up and down this season.

Look at Kane - he may have come from nowhere according to some but he's been on loan 4 or 5 times and his record isn't particularly good. You can't look at the stats too much with young players and you can't expect too much from them too young. Denayer and Lopes are the closest to making our squad. Both have had loan spells and have shown positive signs. I wouldn't be upset if either were in our first team squad next season and I wouldn't be upset if either went on loan again.

Barker is a mile away from our first team. He is too young and inexperienced. What I saw from him in the game he played in Abu Dhabi was a player who wanted to impress the fans and in doing so, forgot the basics. He miscontrolled several times and his confidence dwindled. The youth players are a very high quality. But they need time on loan to develop their knowledge of the game, develop their strength and also develop physically. I've no doubt that the likes of Boadu, Barker, Lopes, Denayer, Byrne, Maffeo and Angelino can make an impact for our first team squad one day but I think the earliest would be 2016/17 season that we see the academy start to consistently make a contribution on match days. Consistency is the key. We cannot afford to allow players to have a poor game now and again, it's not good enough at our level. The talent is there, it just needs some time. Consistent performances don't often arrive until a player is 22/23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.