Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the article......

Manchester City have told Jason Denayer they want him to spend next season in the English Championship.

The Belgian defender has been a revelation during his year-long loan move to Celtic. Already a PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year nominee, the Belgian scooped the same honour at Celtic’s annual awards dinner in Glasgow on Sunday.

The 19-year-old had consistently stated he intended returning to his parent club this summer to fight for a first-team place but last week changed his tune to give Ronny Deila some hope of retaining his services for another season.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3058274/Jason-Denayer-WON-T-returning-Celtic-Manchester-City-decide-defender-spend-season-Championship.html#ixzz3YYRYwP9S" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3YYRYwP9S</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Is this not to make him a homegrown player before he reaches 21? 3 full years I think before he reaches 21 so the next two seasons he has to be in England to count? Someone correct me if foreign (including Scotland) loans also count. A Premier League club would be more ideal but many of them won't risk young players.

Slightly disappointing if true but I guess he just wouldn't get the playing time here.I'd think this might also mean we are looking at signing another centre half as our current four,for one reason or another.....wont suffice for the season IMO.

Burnley would be a logical destination for Jason.

Has the club similar plans for Rekik?

sam-caddick said:
The Championship, are City mad?

Send him to Bournemouth or somewhere similar.

Time is on his side; a year there would be more beneficial than another in the SPL; Alex Pritchard will go back to spurs ready after a superb year at Brentford (another we should be looking to poach before he explodes next season). The standard of the Championship has improved massively in recently years, and a loan to a relegation fighting promoted team might see him benched for a more experienced player.

.A. said:
sam-caddick said:
The Championship, are City mad?

Send him to Bournemouth or somewhere similar.

Time is on his side; a year there would be more beneficial than another in the SPL; Alex Pritchard will go back to spurs ready after a superb year at Brentford (another we should be looking to poach before he explodes next season). The standard of the Championship has improved massively in recently years, and a loan to a relegation fighting promoted team might see him benched for a more experienced player.

I agree about the Championship and I can't wait to hopefully see Pritchard play next season, but I just think his ability would see him walk into a bottom half half La Liga side where money is tight.

I am unsure whether a loan to a Championship club would be beneficial (especially with him having Europa League experience already) but he is guaranteed game time and that is the most important for the lad at this stage of his career and it would help with the new HG ruling.

Ray78 said:
I am unsure whether a loan to a Championship club would be beneficial (especially with him having Europa League experience already) but he is guaranteed game time and that is the most important for the lad at this stage of his career and it would help with the new HG ruling.

It makes no difference to the hg ruling.

I think it's madness sending him to the Championship. He is not very big for a cb & all it would need is a couple of missed headers, then he's on the bench for 6 months. He's a footballing cb not a Championship player.

If this is true, then if I was Denayer I'd just turn down the next contract offer from City in the summer & sign for someone else. He will get shedloads of offers. If they don't consider him ready for the Premier League, he should be playing at the absolute top level in another country, playing cultured football, not the Championship.

I find this hard to believe, but it is a joke if true, quite frankly & he should just tell City to fuck off.

Terrible idea if true , he could be playing champions league with Celtic next season at the pinnacle of club football.

I know a lot of EPL fans believe the championship is a superior standard than the SPL which simply isn't true. Top scorer is an SPL reject and the most expensive player is as well , what does that say about the standard?

Championship over Celtic will hold Denayer back , his progress will halt.

After the great season he had, I was hoping to see him in the City squad next year...why send him out to a championship side?.....I'm sure he's proved he's good enough already and getting him training with the 1st team would help him greatly....frustrating to see City loaning out all our best young players when we need to bring some fresh blood into the 1st team.......

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 8h8 hours ago
Daily Mail: City have told Jason Denayer they want him to spend next year in the Championship to complete his 'footballing apprenticeship'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.