Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid should definitely be competing for a first team spot next season,Mangala is still showing signs of inconsistency,kompany's injuries are a concern and Demichelis is no longer good enough.

Denayer deserves a shot IMO.

dachoosen1 said:
He still is raw and untired. He is starting for a team that has 3 cbs and one of them played most of the season as a right back Ambrose! He looked impressive but played against very few players who would be good enough to play for a newly promoted side. He is playing for a team that miles ahead of anyone in their division. Think their odds to win the league was 1/33! He is more experienced now and the international call ups will do him wonders buts it's easy to look good when you are surrounded by the best and he still has no experience in our league or the pressures that come from playing vital games every week. Guidetti look great for Celtic at the start of the season scoring for fun but couldn't get a game at stoke. Regular football is massive in a youngsters development but beyond that I fail to see any averages of a loan to celtic whereas a loan to hull or Burnley he could have got used to the league, play in important games weekly and gained experience against opposition that we will be playing regularly. The problem was it wasn't competitive football was it!

He wouldn't have fucking played at Burnley or Hull!!!

Ffs. He was an 18 year old reserve player not a Premier League cb. He has become a possible pl cb because of his performances at Celtic, which are due to him learning how to cope under pressure, v big strong players & in front of big crowds in big games.

He was nowhere near Prem standard when he went there. Too lightweight for a start.

On the bench for Hull, he would now be a potential reserve team player at City at best, nothing more. This Celtic loan has made him a viable player for someone's first team next season, maybe ours.

We have never had a more successful loan than this & it's remarkable people are moaning about it. Truly remarkable.

I would have no hesitation sending more players to Celtic, it is the perfect place under a proper football manager who is almost like a City coach.

Neville Kneville said:
dachoosen1 said:
He still is raw and untired. He is starting for a team that has 3 cbs and one of them played most of the season as a right back Ambrose! He looked impressive but played against very few players who would be good enough to play for a newly promoted side. He is playing for a team that miles ahead of anyone in their division. Think their odds to win the league was 1/33! He is more experienced now and the international call ups will do him wonders buts it's easy to look good when you are surrounded by the best and he still has no experience in our league or the pressures that come from playing vital games every week. Guidetti look great for Celtic at the start of the season scoring for fun but couldn't get a game at stoke. Regular football is massive in a youngsters development but beyond that I fail to see any averages of a loan to celtic whereas a loan to hull or Burnley he could have got used to the league, play in important games weekly and gained experience against opposition that we will be playing regularly. The problem was it wasn't competitive football was it!

He wouldn't have fucking played at Burnley or Hull!!!

Ffs. He was an 18 year old reserve player not a Premier League cb. He has become a possible pl cb because of his performances at Celtic, which are due to him learning how to cope under pressure, v big strong players & in front of big crowds in big games.

He was nowhere near Prem standard when he went there. Too lightweight for a start.

On the bench for Hull, he would now be a potential reserve team player at City at best, nothing more. This Celtic loan has made him a viable player for someone's first team next season, maybe ours.

We have never had a more successful loan than this & it's remarkable people are moaning about it. Truly remarkable.

I would have no hesitation sending more players to Celtic, it is the perfect place under a proper football manager who is almost like a City coach.

brilliant post, spot on

How do you know he couldn't force his way into those teams? And I believe Guidetti's loan to feyenoord was more successful, 20 goals in 23 games pretty impressive. Celtic have very few challenging games surely you can admit that, I would rather our youth players got experience in the league they would be playing against the standard of player they will be up against when they are wearing our shirt then hammering teams in Scotland or Holland. I'm not having a go at Denayer I think he is very talented, I'm merely questioning sending a young player to a team that has no competition in its league.

To those suggesting he went on loan to a lower premier league team what would be the point in him joining a team where the defence plays deep and is protected by the midfield as they set up much more defensive, then the time comes for him to come back and he can't cope with our high line and trying to win the ball back quickly ( look how nastasic struggled with it). Celtic are playing a style that will help denayer in his future career at City.

dachoosen1 said:
How do you know he couldn't force his way into those teams? And I believe Guidetti's loan to feyenoord was more successful, 20 goals in 23 games pretty impressive. Celtic have very few challenging games surely you can admit that, I would rather our youth players got experience in the league they would be playing against the standard of player they will be up against when they are wearing our shirt then hammering teams in Scotland or Holland. I'm not having a go at Denayer I think he is very talented, I'm merely questioning sending a young player to a team that has no competition in its league.
I would agree if Denayer was a forward but a defender is tested more in Scotland than say Holland.For a 18 year old who had no 1st team experience it was a perfect place for him to go. Next year he now needs testing in a better league, either with us or one of the top leagues.

dachoosen1 said:

Well what would you do if you were Steve Bruce ?

Play your usual humungous back 4 or stick in a 10 stone 18 year old kid who can't head the ball to save his fucking life ? (He can now).

Answers on a postcard.

Hulls back line is hardly humongous! I'm happy the lad got playing time but would rather he experienced more competitive games, as much I hope he could be part of our squad next season I would rather get him to sign a new deal and loan him out to a premier league team, to see how he copes in the division. It was tough for MDM and Mangala to settle and they had much more experience playing in tougher league's and against tougher opposition.

dachoosen1 said:
Hulls back line is hardly humongous! I'm happy the lad got playing time but would rather he experienced more competitive games, as much I hope he could be part of our squad next season I would rather get him to sign a new deal and loan him out to a premier league team, to see how he copes in the division. It was tough for MDM and Mangala to settle and they had much more experience playing in tougher league's and against tougher opposition.

Do you think he has improved this season??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.