Javi Garcia (continued)

Garcia has definitely improved, but let's not go overboard. He is now a solid option off the bench, particularly when we have a lead.

lasereyes said:
Garcia has definitely improved, but let's not go overboard. He is now a solid option off the bench, particularly when we have a lead.
Sure but that's what we need, correct? We don't need another starter as we have Yaya and Fernandinho. We need someone happy to play in the squad who will get plenty of games as a sub or when injuries happen and during cups. Frankly, we could use a fourth central midfielder the same as that.

Improve immensely from that wardrobe that used to play in midfield. He looks more tuned in and sharp on the ball now, long may it continue. Well done Garcia.

taconinja said:
lasereyes said:
Sure but that's what we need, correct? We don't need another starter as we have Yaya and Fernandinho. We need someone happy to play in the squad who will get plenty of games as a sub or when injuries happen and during cups. Frankly, we could use a fourth central midfielder the same as that.

That's a fair point, but I worry about the gameload on Yaya or Fernandinho having to play every critical game competing in 4 competitions. What if one of them gets injured for a period (and don't we have the African Nations next year?)? Garcia doesn't offer too much going forward and my concern is with him starting, there is too much of a drop-off in quality and the overall threat we pose. Another option is to get a better player and have a pool of 3 holding midfielders that we can rotate. There will be plenty enough football for all of them.

Garcia has always been this player.. he's taken time to adapt is all.. good player.

lasereyes said:
taconinja said:
lasereyes said:

That's a fair point, but I worry about the gameload on Yaya or Fernandinho having to play every critical game competing in 4 competitions. What if one of them gets injured for a period (and don't we have the African Nations next year?)? Garcia doesn't offer too much going forward and my concern is with him starting, there is too much of a drop-off in quality and the overall threat we pose. Another option is to get a better player and have a pool of 3 holding midfielders that we can rotate. There will be plenty enough football for all of them.
That's why I advocate for that fourth midfielder. Someone like Barkley at Everton. Give me that as a pool of four to draw from, and I have little worries. Garcia has been doing much better releasing people going forward of late. Couple of examples of that yesterday. Our threat going forward was fine. The attackers didn't take their chances as well as they could have or we would have had 7-8 goals against a very good Southampton team.

I'm not saying he's world-class. Just that he's a good and increasingly valuable squad player.

lasereyes said:
taconinja said:
lasereyes said:

I was gonna say the same thing. Having to play Dinho and Yaya in every game is just bonkers, particularly with the WC this summer they are gonna have very little break. Plus there is another ACON in January if I'm not mistaken so that could mean another spell without Yaya. What happens when one is injured is we have no real second option to bring in a player that does the same things as they do. Not to mention if they get injured. When one of them is not playing we have struggled 9 times out of 10 to create consistent offense. That doesn't even take into account the situations when they just are playing well.

Garcia has certainly improved and I'm happy about that. It looked like he was a total waste of 15m. He's a solid option vs the lower half of the division and can come in late to see out a game. But I wouldn't want him to be starting vs Madrid, Barca etc... So we certainly need to bring in another CM in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.