Javi Garcia

Zonal Marking credits his introduction as part of the reason we came good in the second half.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/11/22/manchester-city-1-1-real-madrid-city-out/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/11/22/ ... -city-out/</a>

The biggest worry for me is that he doesn't look confident under pressure like most of our other midfield players.

One of the delights of watching the team these days is the number of players who don't offload the ball when the opposition close in. Nasri, Yaya, Silva, Barry, Aguero and Tevez in particular are great at shielding the ball. Barry is possibly the best English player, when it comes to shielding the ball/turning out of trouble.

So far Garcia hasn't shown that composure. Last night, he regularly turned and played back to the defence rather than holding on to the ball until there was a pass on. Maybe he's under instructions to be the 'safety first player', or maybe he's still coming to terms with playing in a new team, but for me he doesn't yet look as good as we hoped.

Garcia was excellent last night and a major reason why Ronaldo was less of a threat in the second half. He is now fit, no slower than De Jong, and better in the air. Only time will tell if he can adapt to the pace and physical pressure of playing in England (most of our overseas signings have taken at least six months to get up to pace) In the meantime he should be encouraged and supported by City fans. In any case I am certain Mancini will sign Daniele de Rossi in January. Defensive midfield is the root of all our problems at present.

One of our better players last night.
I am now of the opinion that he will become a great player for us.

bluenova said:
The biggest worry for me is that he doesn't look confident under pressure like most of our other midfield players.

One of the delights of watching the team these days is the number of players who don't offload the ball when the opposition close in. Nasri, Yaya, Silva, Barry, Aguero and Tevez in particular are great at shielding the ball. Barry is possibly the best English player, when it comes to shielding the ball/turning out of trouble.

So far Garcia hasn't shown that composure. Last night, he regularly turned and played back to the defence rather than holding on to the ball until there was a pass on. Maybe he's under instructions to be the 'safety first player', or maybe he's still coming to terms with playing in a new team, but for me he doesn't yet look as good as we hoped.

Yea I know what you mean. I thought he did ok last night but looked very tentative at times. At this stage I'm putting the safety first and tentativeness down to him settling in.

I think he will get better as the season goes on.I think he is a decent signing and lets stop going on about Nigel Dejong

Afetr i saw him last night i'm confident that he will become one of our best player...the only thing he need is time..he will become better and better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.