Javi Garcia

Speaking to a Portuguese labour on site this week and he supports benfica. He gets to a few games a season. He told me javi is nt that great and is injury prone

MCFC BOB said:
Caveman said:
GazBaz18 said:
We have been in this situation before... Silva was shocking the first 6 months, maybe he just needs time.
He wasn't, at all.

He was introduced sparingly at first. I think his first start was in the Europa League when he played well and crossed in that great ball for Boyata to score a header from. Then immediately after that he was poor in one game and a little nervous in maybe two right at the very start but from then on he was good.

It took Yaya until West Ham away to really find his feet (about October) in his first season. But that's still not six months.
Toure's match winning performance against West Ham was in December. We went top of the table and Tevez handed in a transfer request on the same day.

Remember grabbing my phone, having some nice alone time on the shitter browsing a bit of bluemoon to be greeted with that news. Really ruined my escape from the missus.

citybluesmith said:
Speaking to a Portuguese labour on site this week and he supports benfica. He gets to a few games a season. He told me javi is nt that great and is injury prone
Shock as a fan of a player's previous team makes comments like that.

I think I will trust the coaches, Mancini and the scouts over a Portuguese labourer thanks.
I will also trust my own eyes and I see a good player, he just needs time to adapt to the prem.

I can't think of any player we have signed with the exception of Aguero who has come in and done something fantastic in their first few games.

CTID101 said:
citybluesmith said:
Shock as a fan of a player's previous team makes comments like that.

I think I will trust the coaches, Mancini and the scouts over a Portuguese labourer thanks.
I will also trust my own eyes and I see a good player, he just needs time to adapt to the prem.

I can't think of any player we have signed with the exception of Aguero who has come in and done something fantastic in their first few games.
So when we have sold a player to another team and a fan of that team asks your view on the player ,your saying your view does nt mean anything because your not a top coach ?
I agree we have got to give him time but at the min I agree with the labourer.

As I have said many times, give him time, he will come good. He is still finding his feet and coming back from injury. His last appearance was short and didn't give enough time to settle into the game and be still did fairly well. He nearly setup Zab for a goal, which showed he does have a good passing range. He also keeps the ball well (and as much as I think Barry has improved on this area it still seems a little odd no one else seems to see how often he still needlessly loses the ball in midfield) and distributes quickly as a good DM should.

He'll only get better if he can stay healthy.

Thought he was miles better than he has been last night, kept the ball well and protected the defence well mopping up a few passes and I loved it when he just ran and stepped across Ronaldo to win the ball?

More game time and he will only get better.

Its not all about pace in midfield especially in Barry and Garcias position although I grant you it helps.
Garcia was certainly better last night can only improve by playing.
We are a bit quick at times to give up on players without giving them a chance.
We must have watched him a few times to decide he was good enough. Yes we wanted others but we should give him the benifit of doubt for now.

Ntini77 said:
We've actually accomplished the impossible by finding the one player in the world slower than Barry. Top work.

That really defines some of these comments.

Gareth Barry is one of our best players and one of the most popular among his team mates and whilst he's not the quickest, those in the know, know his value to the team. Some "Supporters", however, think he's lazy and does nothing. That shows how naive and ignorant they are about the finer points of the game. Gaz Baz has been a mainstay of the side whilst we've been winning things and when he's out for periods (beginning of the season for example when we weren't doing too well) the team miss him.

The lack of patience of some people amazes me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.