Jay Slater | Body confirmed as Jay (P159)

I can't understand the traction this whole story has got in the media. Thousands of youngsters go missing every year. What's the difference with this guy? Apart from him appearing to be a bit of a see you next tuesday when he was a bit younger.

The difference is that the vast majority of missing people don’t just appear to inexplicably vanish for no known reason. Like this guy and the river woman not long ago.

Most missing people, especially youngsters have run away from something. Usually the people reporting them missing. They might not know where they’ve gone but there’s nearly always people close to them with a pretty good idea why they’ve gone.

Cases like this one and the other lady are in fact pretty rare. And the mystery surrounding it all makes it newsworthy.

As sad as it is, a teenager running away from home because their step dad is too handy with his fists. Or worse. Isn’t that rare at all and doesn’t usually capture the public’s imagination like a good old fashioned real life mystery.

They haven't.

"The autopsy has determined that his death was the result of multiple injuries compatible with a fall in a rocky area."
That’s the preliminary autopsy.
The findings of the full autopsy have not yet been made public.

They haven't.

"The autopsy has determined that his death was the result of multiple injuries compatible with a fall in a rocky area."
I'd also speculate that he was found at the bottom of a slope or cliff.

This seems pretty straightforward to me but we will never know exactly what happened. Sadly the Internets band of Sherlock Holmes wankers will not let it lie.

Yeah, was definitely him but I'm sure I saw something that said the ID had come from fingerprints.
It would be negligent to just identify from clothing or docs on the remains

It was the first story to come out, which is why I wondered if was him after 4 weeks in brush in 35+c I would have expected him to have been down to the bone. Poor kid, but due to his actions in the past, maybe it was just a matter of time. Still 19, is just such a waste.

The difference is that the vast majority of missing people don’t just appear to inexplicably vanish for no known reason. Like this guy and the river woman not long ago.

Most missing people, especially youngsters have run away from something. Usually the people reporting them missing. They might not know where they’ve gone but there’s nearly always people close to them with a pretty good idea why they’ve gone.

Cases like this one and the other lady are in fact pretty rare. And the mystery surrounding it all makes it newsworthy.

As sad as it is, a teenager running away from home because their step dad is too handy with his fists. Or worse. Isn’t that rare at all and doesn’t usually capture the public’s imagination like a good old fashioned real life mystery.

The lad from Oldham being a case in question.

You look at that terrain and there is no way anybody would think it would be a good idea to walk through it. The official narrative of an accident is a nice easy wrap up. It could have been of course but we'll never know.

a kid, lost, tired and out of water in the heat anything could happen in reality. I mean Michael Moseley was on a beach in the heat with no water and he collapsed before he could get to shelter in a cave - as you say we will never know but its a set of circumstances combined that bring about a bad outcome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.