Jay Slater (missing kid in Tenerife)

At the risk of sounding like a tw@ (nothing new there), I'm struggling to understand the amount of publicity this case is getting. There must be dozens of cases of people going missing every year while on holiday. How is this case any different? Also, from what I've read about him, there'll be some people who won't be distraught at him having gone missing. And yes; I fully understand that his family and friends will be devastated at this point in time. They have my sympathy.

There’s gone missing and then there’s gone missing though.

The vast majority of missing people have voluntarily fucked off somewhere by choice, for a variety of reasons. It happens that often that unless there’s something unusual about the case, it’s not really newsworthy unfortunately.

People apparently just ‘disappearing’ is pretty rare. In this country at least. So cases like this one and the woman in the river are newsworthy and catch the public’s attention.

The young lad from Oldham for comparison, who seems to have voluntarily gone to London, looks a sad case. But if it wasn’t for Liam Gallagher retweeting about him, no one but his family and close friends would know anything about it.

Pterodactyls still live in the Teidi caldera.
Dr. Grant's Pterodactyl Kick on Make a GIF

I feel silly now after forgetting about those giant eagles that are well known to fly down from their mountain nests and swoop off with young men dangling from their beaks.

Used to happen all the time..
That was just the drugs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.