Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the look of the kid in general, but there's something that bugs me. He looks to revert a lot to his one main trick (big step to the right), and seems to take a lot of big touches away from himself when in possession. It's all a bit clumsy looking.

Interested to see how this pans out.

Last edited:
Even if Pep didn't ask for Doku specifically he must have asked for a winger with his attributes otherwise Txiki wouldn't have put his name forward.

I remember him saying in a press conference a few months back that we would be looking to add players with qualities that the squad doesn't already possess and I think he was probably alluding to pacy wingers.
Wonder if Lillo has been in his ear and suggesting he try something different.

Sounds good on paper, gives us a bit of pace we lack, also comfortable playing on either flank

Bernardo - Foden - Grealish
Haaland

Doku, Palmer to share the wings and Alvarez to cover the centre (with Bernardo who can play centrally if required)

As part of Doku's transfer, West Ham could include the return of Nayef Aguerd on loan, which could interest Rennes who are looking to strengthen in defence.

I like the look of the kid in general, but there's something that bugs me. He looks to revert a lot to his one main trick (big step to the right), and seems to take a lot of big touches away from himself when in possession. It's all a bit clumsy looking.

Interested to see how this pans out.
Me too. Been trying to find a way of saying it. He really ought to be able to improve his technique with the right coaching - he looks coordinated, he has fast movements. That's helping him immesurably, because he's not doing the basic bit first. That was my problem with talk of Aguero, for sure. Aguero's touch, body shape, movement, it's all one fluid motion, because he has the 'correct', classic, and most efficient way of doing it. Doku isn't anything like that. But he's making it work because he's balanced, quick thinking, all that other stuff. Tevez, I don't remember him at 21, but I imagine his tech was also smoother. Doku looks like an outsider in some ways. Doing things out of order, but very quickly. I'd even say, there's a bit of a Wanchope vibe to him - and Paolo was first of all a basketballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.