Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, people are falling into the usual trap of assuming how we played last season is how we will play this season.
We had some on here saying we wouldn’t sign Haaland because ‘we play with a false nine’
Pep always evolves. One of the many reasons why he’s the best
This season is already different and we're only 2 games in!!

I like the look of the kid in general, but there's something that bugs me. He looks to revert a lot to his one main trick (big step to the right), and seems to take a lot of big touches away from himself when in possession. It's all a bit clumsy looking.

Interested to see how this pans out.
Pep will soon knock that out of him. ;)

I like the look of the kid in general, but there's something that bugs me. He looks to revert a lot to his one main trick (big step to the right), and seems to take a lot of big touches away from himself when in possession. It's all a bit clumsy looking.

Interested to see how this pans out.
Well he’s not a finished article like everyone else but pep will iron out those minor wrinkles out . One specific trick I like the most is his back heel and 180 turn 1v1 . Foden does that spin often but without a ball on his feet .I don’t think we had any top dribbler so far better than sane .Doku makes sane look amature while dribbling .

I think Phils performance on Saturday has put an impetus on this as I can imagine Pep see's that we need a winger as Phil is a diamond in the middle
But he's also a diamond on the wing. He's an attacker with an attacking mindset. Traditionally players like him aren't in Pep's midfield. Pep even said after the game that he played good in the middle but we cannot forget how good he is on the wing.

I think Phils performance on Saturday has put an impetus on this as I can imagine Pep see's that we need a winger as Phil is a diamond in the middle
Have to agree. His talent is wasted in wide areas. That display he put on Saturday night was phononemial.
He ran Bruno Guimares, Tonali and Joelinton ragged, It's far from a shabby midfield of Newcastle!

When Phil is on song like he was on Saturday you won't find a better player in Europe that can do that. He's sensational.

Have to agree. His talent is wasted in wide areas. That display he put on Saturday night was phononemial.
He ran Bruno Guimares, Tonali and Joelinton ragged, It's far from a shabby midfield of Newcastle!

When Phil is on song like he was on Saturday you won't find a better player in Europe that can do that. He's sensational.
Its hard to say he's wasted as he's a brilliant winger too and to be honest, if Kev was fit I'd play Phil on the right. But in Kev's absence we need his skillset in the middle and it also sets him up for long term as Kev will be playing less and less games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.