Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
(sticks fingers in ears) la la la la la

Yes you're right. We are forward planners so we must be ( hoping the other two stay oc). Always thought Louis Enrique would be ideal but DE Zerbi is looking good. Anyway, there's a thread on it.
Yeah, I recognise none of us want to think about the post-Pep era, but it will happen sooner or later.

The thought just crossed my mind as to whether we’ll see a few hybrid signings, ie players who are able to learn Pep’s way and also slightly more direct for whoever comes next.

We’re hardly going to change to Pulis ball, but if you look at de Zerbi, he has quick players in his wide players.

Wait, I was joking because I thought you were joking.

But yeah pretty much every player the club sign will be considered in a post Pep context anyway, so either way Doku wouldn't be the first.
None of the previous signings have forced Pep to change tactics, bar Haaland as you say. Doku might

None of the previous signings have forced Pep to change tactics, bar Haaland as you say. Doku might

Haaland is generational talent while Doku is just diamond in rough which means Pep is going to accomodate Haaland more than Doku in tactical changes.

But we will see if Doku is going to bring changes again or not.

Haaland is generational talent while Doku is just diamond in rough which means Pep is going to accomodate Haaland more than Doku in tactical changes.

But we will see if Doku is going to bring changes again or not.
Which is why the thought entered my head as he’s not a 100% Pep player, unlike Kovacic and Gvardiol.

Don't know enough to have a real thought on it. Will watch with interest. Pep has changed tactics so many times though, would hardly be a surprise.
It was merely a thought as it doesn’t seem to be a Pep signing, in the same way that Eze or Barella would be.

I’m not knocking Doku. He’s likely to be useful at the end of tight games and fun to watch, getting us off our seats. It just seems to go against the Pep wanting more and more control.

It was merely a thought as it doesn’t seem to be a Pep signing, in the same way that Eze or Barella would be.

I’m not knocking Doku. He’s likely to be useful at the end of tight games and fun to watch, getting us off our seats. It just seems to go against the Pep wanting more and more control.
control is all well and good but sometimes you just have to chuck in a grenade and see what happens

control is all well and good but sometimes you just have to chuck in a grenade and see what happens
That’s the inner English football fan in all of us.

The fan that needs a midfielder to stick his foot in and get physical when things aren’t going well.The ones that took years to warm to Gundogan and Mahrez because they didn’t get angry and show they cared enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.