Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gvardiol is the bridge in that gap- someone who can carry the ball (95% dribble success and most successful take-one in bundelsiga last year), while offering the stability he wants at the back and allowing stones to continue dropping into midfield.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. He plays ake and akanji lb imo as when stones steps into midfield it leaves 3 competent proper defenders and not two centre halves and another fullback. We literally do revert to 3 at the back in game and in possession. Ake and Akanji demonstrated last season they can play that type of lb to cb role comfortably. May not get dazzling attacking play out of them but it hardly worked out badly last year. They also offered a hell of a lot more than cancelo was defensively and prevented results like lpool Away being repeated.
Gvardiol adds another string to our bow, but I see him as a Laporte replacement. However I'd still prefer proper FB's/WB's as our main options too.

If we continue playing without real effective attacking width, the opposition will attack down the flanks with the impunity of knowing we can't hurt them going the other way.

The likes of Sterling, Sané, Mahrez & to an attacking degree Cancelo gave opposition defences something to worry about. It's attack being the best form of defence.

We'll see how things develop... )(

2 reasons I really like this signing.

He can play both wings comfortably, we really like versatile players as it means he can get more minutes in more positions.

And he is an explosive player, different from the control wingers of Grealish and Bernie. He adds a different dimension that can be useful to change things up.

Best winger signing we can possibly make and the price reported makes this a no brainer.

Get it done.

I don't think he's done anything to warrant this price. Wasn't even a starter for them last season. No thank you

lets be honest, he wont play every game for us, fraction what he would play at Rennes now.
He's played 1200 minutes for them in the league last season. A fraction of that.. we already have palmer/mcatee/bobb for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.