Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Doku a 20 mil player when we got 17.3 for Borges and 15 for Charles? Being realistic in today's market he's fetching 40 mil. Whether we decide he's for us is a different matter, but if we do decide to move for him 20 mil won't get us a return phone call...just sayin'...
i meant his stats and the league he plays in value him at 20m in my eyes, i dont think he has achieved much as it been in Belgium and France, not that we would get him for that as the world has gone mental (see Lucas thread for some more crazy amounts being banded about)

Agree that the fee that we are getting for our youth players would indicate more value for him but I don't rate him any higher than them

he is quick and can beat a man, has terrible delivery when coming to cross the final ball and seems to have spent alot of time injured. Add to the fact it isn't a strong league and most of his goals seem to come against teams towards the bottom of the table.

I'm coming around to the Paqueta deal after looking at him a bit more, maybe he didn't catch my eye in the games i saw but he seems to have something about him

Doku on the other hand seems bang average, doesn't seem to fit the profile of what Pep looks for in his wide players theses days (might be another change who knows with Pep) and his fee seems high for a player that is no way certain to improve us and doesn't look anything better than the lads we have

That is also a worry, to be sure.
He had a nightmare 21-22 season in terms of injuries. Much healthier this past season, but still not ideal. It's not like he's older or has had some type of catastrophic injury which would render him damaged goods. He's an athletic specimen who maybe could stand to prosper playing in a rotational set up like ours and work with our physio staff...

This lad is the best dribbler in Europe, I don't get how anyone can be opposed to signing someone that brings something entirely different to our forward line. There's no turning around and passing backwards here, he'll have to be doubled up on and will still pull sit back defences all over the shop. Imagine questioning Kevs vision

i meant his stats and the league he plays in value him at 20m in my eyes, i dont think he has achieved much as it been in Belgium and France, not that we would get him for that as the world has gone mental (see Lucas thread for some more crazy amounts being banded about)

Agree that the fee that we are getting for our youth players would indicate more value for him but I don't rate him any higher than them

he is quick and can beat a man, has terrible delivery when coming to cross the final ball and seems to have spent alot of time injured. Add to the fact it isn't a strong league and most of his goals seem to come against teams towards the bottom of the table.

I'm coming around to the Paqueta deal after looking at him a bit more, maybe he didn't catch my eye in the games i saw but he seems to have something about him

Doku on the other hand seems bang average, doesn't seem to fit the profile of what Pep looks for in his wide players theses days (might be another change who knows with Pep) and his fee seems high for a player that is no way certain to improve us and doesn't look anything better than the lads we have
All fair, but I think you're selling him a bit short. I watched him terrify teams at the Euros. With all due respect to Palmer, Bobb, and McAtee none of them have demonstrated that type of prowess at a top level, yet. There's plenty of time and opportunity for them to prove themselves and keep developing outside of stepping into a European champion at this moment. Personally, with Rico already here I'm giving that chance to one of Palmer or McAtee for now. That's just the reality of where we are as a club and I'm willing to bet that that's how it plays out. We shall see...

This lad is the best dribbler in Europe, I don't get how anyone can be opposed to signing someone that brings something entirely different to our forward line. There's no turning around and passing backwards here, he'll have to be doubled up on and will still pull sit back defences all over the shop. Imagine questioning Kevs vision
because we have guys that can dribble but don't seem to be allowed to, the game plan is to not lose the ball hence the move away from traditional wingers, not like we will just change the style for this kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.