Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats can be spun however you like- ultimately they are meaningless unless it involves direct goal involvement when it comes to attacking players. I’ve watched Doku extensively and he’s inferior to Palmer and will flop. I called this with Phillips from the off set and got abuse- look how that turned out…
I've no idea what Doku is like asw I've seen litle of hm other than a few Belgian cameos where he looked good.
But I disagree that stats are meaningless other than in direct goal involvement for attacking players.. goals scored and assists will very much depend n the service you are getting and who you are giving it too so stats involving goal involvement can be every bit as misleading as stats involving goals.
No stat is perfect but things like chances created and successful take ons do give some idea of a players qualities.
All stats can be misleading they have to be seen in context but the idea that stats not involving goal s are more misleading than others is nonsense.

Lillo does have a good track record with being close to our young wingers, helping them.
Yesterday evening, there was so much space down our right flank you could have run the Epsom Derby down it, with Kyle Walker often stood all on his lonesome. It will take great patience and discipline for a new winger to settle in that position, especially having not had our pre-season, and whoever takes it will also need great touch, particularly following Mahrez. Doku may be that person but he’ll need all of Lillo’s assistance and a fair amount of patience from the stands.

Txiki is the best football director in the business. That doesn’t mean I have to agree that every transfer target is a great fit. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. Take a lie down.
You don't have to agree, none of us do. As long as we all accept there is a very high probablity we are wrong and he'll be proved right.

I think we would be foolish to sell this season, a loan perfect as he needs regular game time.

What I like about our young players is they want to play want game time! When you look at other clubs there young players hang around till 24/25 and happy to stick around play 10 games a season!

I don't know. Slightly less chance of winning the league?

I pretty much agree with your points. 4 in a row would probably never be done again and would be a further statement on the greatness of this side and Pep.

Theres always that bit of me though, that would love it even more if it was done with our youngsters. We had 4 play last night though, so it isn’t all bad…

Same.

I'm trying to not sound entitled here, no trophy is 'ours' to give away, and we have no given right to win them, especially the league.

But if we could win the PL with Palmer McAtee and Bobb being meaningful parts of the team, and nothing else this season, I'd bite your hand off. Over winning a couple of cups with another 100m+ spent on new players and shipping them out. It might mean being stronger the following seasons as well.

But if it would mean not winning the league, maybe even with picking up a cup, sorry not for me, if they are good enough they'll find their way back into the team eventually.

Got to remember, Palmer and Lewis have 3 medals each from last seasom, Palmer might even have 4. So it is not like they aren't already edging the side.

Stats can be spun however you like- ultimately they are meaningless unless it involves direct goal involvement when it comes to attacking players. I’ve watched Doku extensively and he’s inferior to Palmer and will flop. I called this with Phillips from the off set and got abuse- look how that turned out…
You need to watch him more as you clearly don't know his quality and what he could bring to our side

You need to watch him more as you clearly don't know his quality and what he could bring to our side
He’s a young Adama Traore as his stats demonstrate. Palmer makes a mockery of him.

It’s sad that our fans regard a shiny new toy in higher regard than a young Mancunian that’s come through our academy.

This will be a surprise signing for me as i cannot recall ever seeing him play.

Seems he is a wonderful,but inconsistent,and very raw talent.

How does he compare to the lad we have just released,Borges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.