Jermaine Jenas sacked by the BBC

Disagree lived there for 2 years and loved the accent. Made my day when I got called duck off a woman or made me week when I got called love off a bloke lol

Similarly in my 1st week as a student in Sheffield I was quite surprised when a bus driver said "Yes, love" after I asked him if he was going where I was living. Quite disarming and a lovely cultural trait. I hope it doesn't die out but I suspect it already is.

Go and few miles south to Chesterfield and "love" is replaced with "duck". I like it that people feel relaxed and are friendly enough to do that.

Last edited:
It's impossible to guess at the content of the texts he's allegedly sent given the wildly schizophrenic moral standards of the BBC.

One minute they're protecting paedophiles and sexual predators and the next minute they're acting like the most overly woke and self-righteously politically correct arbiters of moral standards that it's possible to be.

I don't understand these posts or why people seem to think it's such a witty observation?

Company embroiled in scandal 12 years ago for their cover up of things that happened 50 years ago has now got HR policies from 2024.

What's the point here? They should let Jenas do whatever he wants because decades ago different people let Saville and others do what they wanted? They shouldn't have a modern HR policy on sexual misconduct? Are you just confused that things have moved on?

It's impossible to guess at the content of the texts he's allegedly sent given the wildly schizophrenic moral standards of the BBC.

One minute they're protecting paedophiles and sexual predators and the next minute they're acting like the most overly woke and self-righteously politically correct arbiters of moral standards that it's possible to be.

Weird take on it mate

Waiting for it to become racial now, Saville and Edwards were left to roam free, Jenas couldn't even send a wanger picture without being sacked............

I don't understand these posts or why people seem to think it's such a witty observation?

Company embroiled in scandal 12 years ago for their cover up of things that happened 50 years ago has now got HR policies from 2024.

What's the point here? They should let Jenas do whatever he wants because decades ago different people let Saville and others do what they wanted? They shouldn't have a modern HR policy on sexual misconduct? Are you just confused that things have moved on?
I think the poster you're responding to's point is that - despite having uber-woke 'HR policies from 2024' - the BBC as an organisation seems to be attractive to - and have more than its fair share of - nonces and ne'er-do-wells. They're runnimg at a rate of almost one per month at the mo.

Does that help?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.