Jermaine Jenas sacked by the BBC

I think the poster you're responding to's point is that - despite having uber-woke 'HR policies from 2024' - the BBC as an organisation seems to be attractive to - and have more than its fair share of - nonces and ne'er-do-wells. They're runnimg at a rate of almost one per month at the mo.

Does that help?
It's honestly just a symptom of fame though. If your organization deals with a lot of rich, famous people, you're going to have a higher than normal proportion of ones that act like they're above the law.

Nowhere near.

That new yoof London accent is the worst by a mile (it’s not Cockney anymore). I can’t listen to it. If it’s ever on anything I turn it over or off.
It mainly does my head in because for about 99% of people who speak like that, it's completely fake. I used to go out with someone from London who said she used to speak like that, then she grew out of it. If you're not from a Caribbean background and you speak like that, you might as well black up to complete the effect.

It's honestly just a symptom of fame though. If your organization deals with a lot of rich, famous people, you're going to have a higher than normal proportion of ones that act like they're above the law.
Same old story - 'Money talks.' Celebrities, politicians, rock stars etc, whether we like it or not, are protected to a certain degree. As an example, if it was discovered that Taylor Swift was a paedophile it would be covered up almost immediately because of the money she generates. Harsh but true.
If Saville had been a normal run of the mill guy he would have been in prison many many years ago, thus prevented from offending again. But thanks to the BBC he was allowed to continue and destroy many a young girls' life.

It won't change any time soon, and if Jenas behaved in the way it is being reported then he deserves to be shunned by society.

Yes and it's ironic, given that woke is particularly paraded by 'slebs' and the famous; yet they're often the very people who seem to act like their money insulates them from all that.
Hypocratical twats, and twas ever thus.

It mainly does my head in because for about 99% of people who speak like that, it's completely fake. I used to go out with someone from London who said she used to speak like that, then she grew out of it. If you're not from a Caribbean background and you speak like that, you might as well black up to complete the effect.
Innit bro

I don't understand these posts or why people seem to think it's such a witty observation?

Company embroiled in scandal 12 years ago for their cover up of things that happened 50 years ago has now got HR policies from 2024.

What's the point here? They should let Jenas do whatever he wants because decades ago different people let Saville and others do what they wanted? They shouldn't have a modern HR policy on sexual misconduct? Are you just confused that things have moved on?
I don't understand these posts where people create irrelevant points, presumably just to try and look contrarian and superior.

The fact is they were still attempting to cover up that abhorrent historic behaviour only 12 years ago.. until they had no choice and were forced to come clean.

And they certainly didn't act as swiftly and decisively with Huw Edwards which certainly wasn't 12 years ago.

As I said, given the self-righteous hollier than thou attitude and ultra woke ideology that the BBC portrays and attempts to indoctrinate and impose upon those who are stupid enough to consume any of its content, its impossible to say just how inappropriate or not the text messages from Jenas were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.