Jerome Boateng

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Andouble said:
says there will be an interview with him exclusively on Monday. People reading too much into it.

Agree.

Has the OS site actually revealed anything exclusively in terms of player signings, that haven't actually come out in the public domain, in one way or another, before?

Not sure.

The only one I can personally recall hearing about first from the OS was Geovanni.

I hadn't heard a peep from elsewhere that this was on, and was just going on the OS as I had fook all else to do, and there it was: 'City sign Geovanni', or words to that effect.

Apart from that one I genuinely can't recall any others, so you're absolutely right mate - its fair to say you almost never hear about signings first via the OS.

Optimus Prime said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Agree.

Has the OS site actually revealed anything exclusively in terms of player signings, that haven't actually come out in the public domain, in one way or another, before?

Not sure.

The only one I can personally recall hearing about first from the OS was Geovanni.

I hadn't heard a peep from elsewhere that this was on, and was just going on the OS as I had fook all else to do, and there it was: 'City sign Geovanni', or words to that effect.

Apart from that one I genuinely can't recall any others, so you're absolutely right mate - its fair to say you almost never hear about signings first via the OS.

Sylvinho came out of the blue on the OS and no one said anything about him

Optimus Prime said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Agree.

Not sure.

I hadn't heard a peep from elsewhere that this was on, and was just going on the OS as I had fook all else to do, and there it was 'City sign Geovanni', or words to that effect.

In the grand scheme of things, the niche which is City's OS, is a useful resource tool, insight behind the scenes.

But for the maximum impact any club require, certainly ones with our owners' wider visions, the wider media, various leaks, agents, they will almost always deliver a correct name, prior to an official rubber stamp on the OS.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Optimus Prime said:

I hadn't heard a peep from elsewhere that this was on, and was just going on the OS as I had fook all else to do, and there it was 'City sign Geovanni', or words to that effect.

In the grand scheme of things, the niche which is City's OS, is a useful resource tool, insight behind the scenes.

But for the maximum impact any club require, certainly ones with our owners' wider visions, the wider media, various leaks, agents, they will almost always deliver a correct name, prior to an official rubber stamp on the OS.

hooray!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Optimus Prime said:

Absolutely - you're never going to get the biggest impact for a signing by releasing it through the OS, as its distribution is pretty low relative to the sports media. For the most part, those who go on it are City fans already, who already buy into the Club.

Our owners want to make an impact in the wider sporting world, to which end releasing big news via the OS would be counterproductive. They need the world's media to take note, not just us lot, so I can't see why they would exclusively use the OS to disseminate information.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Optimus Prime said:

A welcome change then. And it will be an emerging trend with clubs broadcasting their own media. Happens already to a limited extent but we will see more of this. It's the only convincing business rationale for owning football clubs so the likes of ManUtd.com will be pushing it very strongly

Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

A welcome change then. And it will be an emerging trend with clubs broadcasting their own media. Happens already to a limited extent but we will see more of this. It's the only convincing business rationale for owning football clubs so the likes of ManUtd.com will be pushing it very strongly
?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.