Jerome Boateng

Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
In the grand scheme of things, the niche which is City's OS, is a useful resource tool, insight behind the scenes.

But for the maximum impact any club require, certainly ones with our owners' wider visions, the wider media, various leaks, agents, they will almost always deliver a correct name, prior to an official rubber stamp on the OS.
A welcome change then. And it will be an emerging trend with clubs broadcasting their own media. Happens already to a limited extent but we will see more of this. It's the only convincing business rationale for owning football clubs so the likes of ManUtd.com will be pushing it very strongly

I do agree with where you say things may end up. But it would surely be a sad day when it happens.

Football clubs already attempt to manage the media, to actually take the media and such like, out of the equation, that would not serve football fans.

Otherwise, ManUnited.com and Liverpool.com would be telling everyone they have no debt.

There always has to remain some degree of impartial balance to everything, surely.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Marvin said:
A welcome change then. And it will be an emerging trend with clubs broadcasting their own media. Happens already to a limited extent but we will see more of this. It's the only convincing business rationale for owning football clubs so the likes of ManUtd.com will be pushing it very strongly

I do agree with where you say things may end up. But it would surely be a sad day when it happens.

Football clubs already attempt to manage the media, to actually take the media and such like, out of the equation, that would not serve football fans.

Otherwise, ManUnited.com and Liverpool.com would be telling everyone they have no debt.

There always has to remain some degree of impartial balance to everything, surely.
I just don't like the current guardians of free speech. They are more the guardians of vested interest who suck up to the status quo, and try and demolish the upstart. Taking off my City hat their must always be a need for independent scrutiny, but we'll never get that from the traditional Fleet St. Up to us to

Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
In the grand scheme of things, the niche which is City's OS, is a useful resource tool, insight behind the scenes.

But for the maximum impact any club require, certainly ones with our owners' wider visions, the wider media, various leaks, agents, they will almost always deliver a correct name, prior to an official rubber stamp on the OS.

I'm not sure Clubs will ever be able to enirely control their own media profile in the way you suggest - they will need the worldwide sports media to talk them up, discuss them when there's nothing going on, disseminate information which the Club wants to spread unofficially, etc.

Also, for right or wrong, the 'independent' sports media holds more credibility with the average punter than a Club's official site, which will always be viewed as a partisan form, doing nothing but toeing the party line.

FFS - look what happened when the Pikey broke rank and slagged a few Rag players on their official TV station - it got the 'Club Legend and natural Successor to Sir Alex' (TM) the sack.

Official sites lack any credibility, and to that end I see Clubs using the media to present a more credible angle to a story being as much a thing of the future as of the past.

Boateng just got a bit of a slating by a german correspondant on Talkshite. Classed him as the weak link in Hamburg and Germany's 1st team. Crap at right back, decent at centre half when facing the play.

I just don't like the current guardians of free speech

We know.

Read all about City's world domination on MCFC's official site or Marvin's blog for all the controlled, fan-friendly, non-threatening propaganda. Next week's exclusive... Robinho explains why he's treated the club like a potty.

Yeah that's gonna happen, Marv.

Kinky by name said:
I just don't like the current guardians of free speech

We know.

Read all about City's world domination on MCFC's official site or Marvin's blog for all the controlled, fan-friendly, non-threatening propaganda. Next week's exclusive... Robinho explains why he's treated the club like a potty.

Well that's what we have now. One media standard for Utd, Gerrard and co & a downright hostile approach for City.

I am not suspending independent criticism - we have it on this message board. With respect there's more knowledge, and independent thinking on City blogs than there is in press rooms who ironically get most of their fishing trip stories by becoming members of City message boards

I agree that City and other football clubs should be held to account - but by us.

Marvin said:
Kinky by name said:
We know.

Well that's what we have now. One media standard for Utd, Gerrard and co & a downright hostile approach for City.

I am not suspending independent criticism - we have it on this message board. With respect there's more knowledge, and independent thinking on City blogs than there is in press rooms who ironically get most of their fishing trip stories by becoming members of City message boards

I agree that City and other football clubs should be held to account - but by us.

Fascinating insight, thanks for the prejudiced generalisation.
Er, sorry, I'm not showing due respect here, meant to say informed, qualified inside track based on a lifetime's experience as a reporter... . It's great to have another journalist on board who can help us meeja-types explain the industry to the great unwashed. Brilliant.

I credit most fans to be able to think for themselves and separate the wheat from the chaff - they don't need spoon-feeding sanitised shite.

I wish we would hurry up and sign him. If he has a good world cup his value will double and the bigger clubs might come sniffing.

I heard it was to do with something like that we had to wait for 1st July

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.