Jerome Boeteng

alib

struggling to remember why we got rid of hin after just one season as he looks a class act when he plays for Bayern/Germany?

I remember him playing right back a bit and him being on the bench a lot - was it a case of we thought he wasn't up to the PL or did he want to go back to Germany?

alib said:
struggling to remember why we got rid of hin after just one season as he looks a class act when he plays for Bayern/Germany?

I remember him playing right back a bit and him being on the bench a lot - was it a case of we thought he wasn't up to the PL or did he want to go back to Germany?

Didn't look good enough to me and seemed very lazy. I think it was West Brom away i witnessed him have a shocker of a game

I think he wanted to go back to Germany for personal/family reasons. I think his wife/girlfriend had a baby soon after he arrived and he didn't settle. I don't think we 'got rid' as such but allowed him to leave. Could be wrong though.

Think he wanted to go back to Germany. Despite being a good defender, he never really settled to life in the Prem.

Didnt we insist on playing him at fullback,when he was a far better centrehalf.

Was there also a 'spat' with Mancini regarding the birth of his child?

I just remember him saying in an interview when we signed him that he was a versatile defender who could play in the centre or at right/left back.
Then when he left he said that he wanted to go somewhere where he could play in central defense and city werent allowing him to and I just thought "what a c**k"

It seemed to be a combination of him simply not settling in to life in England, combined with picking up a few injuries (some of them stupid ones) and, ultimately, falling out with Mancini. When Bayern offered us our money back we didn't seem to hestitate much.

alib said:

Youve opened a can of worms there fella......

DD and BS can answer your question

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.