Jesus Navas (continued)

Re: Navas

There's not much point having one speed demon when everyone else is so one paced

It's funny how the opinions on Navas continue to change week after week. IMO he's a valuable member of the squad. Don't think he should be limited to impact sub, but for a game like today, that might have been the better option. Liverpool came out overly aggressive, got a few goals, but quickly tired and you could see that in the second half. Coutinho and sterling were no longer everywhere -- clichy and zaba were stepping up in winning 50/50's easy. Flanaggan played his heart all game, but I think a late Navas introduction could have hurt and already tired Liverpool team.

Not his day, but seriously, the hate some of you are giving is completely unnecessary.

Bpughh said:
It's funny how the opinions on Navas continue to change week after week. IMO he's a valuable member of the squad. Don't think he should be limited to impact sub, but for a game like today, that might have been the better option. Liverpool came out overly aggressive, got a few goals, but quickly tired and you could see that in the second half. Coutinho and sterling were no longer everywhere -- clichy and zaba were stepping up in winning 50/50's easy. Flanaggan played his heart all game, but I think a late Navas introduction could have hurt and already tired Liverpool team.

Not his day, but seriously, the hate some of you are giving is completely unnecessary.

Good post...think Milner would be a better option to start in the big games away but a great option to have in the squad. He is very limited as his touch and footballing brain isn't on par with silva/nasri/yaya

Bpughh said:

And utterly ludicrous.

For all that speed he still can't beat a man. So frustrating watching him and Sterling on the same pitch, one will run past players whilst the other has no hope of doing it. He really is a liability in our team against the top teams. Hadn't seen much of him before he joined and was hoping we signed a Di Maria type of player but he's just bang average.

I think he is a bit overrated on here

he is very fast but i rarely see him beat his man and get a cross in like a robben and di maria. He seems to outpace defenders then cut back again and by that time the defender has got himself organised again.

He is a good player but i think he more of a squad sub player than an actual starter. We need more quality/

He isn't doing too badly considering this is his first season in England and has in the past suffered from chronic homesickness.

conormcfc said:
Proelia said:
There's not much point having one speed demon when everyone else is so one paced
Not much point being a speed demon when you have no clue how to utilize that speed.

Rarely ever beats his man, for all his speed , he just doesn't create enough panic , cuts inside too much.
Would love to see him just knock the ball past his full back now and again and simply get after the ball.

CityFan94 said:
Too one dimensional for me.

He seems unable to cut inside and I'm not sure I've ever seen him use his left foot.

Compare him to Sterling today.

I know what you mean about his left foot, but cutting inside is his main problem. He seems to like to run across the pitch all the time and play it backwards. I've never known an international winger with so much pace (and a WC winner too) so reluctant to go around the outside and take players on. He's too timid.

Saying that, I think he's been a good addition to the squad, but I think he is best used off the bench, especially in games of this magnitude (and Arsenal the other week).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.