"jibbing" it into grounds

when i was younger my mam always gave me money for the match. on occassions i used to jib the turnstiles of the kippax and buy a hotdog, chips and drink instead. still had change for my bus fare home. happy days!

183sash said:
gillingham away 1999, me and my mate went down without tickets, when we got there asked around and was told not much chance of any , by now it was about 11 o'clock so my mate went up to the ticket office and said he was told to pick up two tickets - he said he was called Mr Jones , the bloke had a look around his office but told him there wasn't any ,as my mate turned round and started to walk away the bloke said he'd rang up the main office and someone was sending some tickets down for "Mr Jones" , after about 5 minutes the tickets turned up so the bloke shouted my mate over , my mate in turn went to get his card out to pay when the bloke in the office reminded him he'd paid over the phone on his credit card -"so i did "said my mate anyway we got hold of the tickets and made a sharp exit !

You fucking wanker thats me Mr Jones, always wondered where my tickets went

Joking

jibbed in at Groclin along with about 10 others into the City end too. Ended up having to give the young lad manning a gate about 10 zlotties after the first gate we tried storming stayed firmly shut. Major result. Shame about the piss poor display that followed! :(

Me and my dad had been playing football on Stamford park in Altrincham when I was little. We set off home walking past Moss Lane. Alty were playing that night and just as we passed the ball came over the golf road end. My dad picked up the ball and I followed him round to the players entrance and knocked on, when the bloke answered my dad said he could have the ball back if he let us in, so in we went straight through the players entrance, past the changing room and out of the tunnel.

When I was very small it used to be common for dads to pay at the turnstile and lift their boy over at the same time. That's how I got in free to many City games.

I got in free to a few games at Maine Rd in the early 70's by turning up very early (9am ish) on matchday and simply nipping in through open gates. My schoolfriends and I did this quite a few times especially for big matches we couldn't get a ticket for. Even if you were spotted nobody cared enough to come and get you and throw you out as long as you skulked quietly at the back somewhere.

blusmiff said:
does anyone remember busting the big gates open at the away end at oldham?. mid eighties i think. thousands just walked in, i think it was the same game as the mass pitch invasion, or should i say full ground invasion.

Yeah, That was fuckin hilarious- we lifted the gates up and they landed on a hot dog stand- It looked like it had been hit by a train - hundreds got in for nowt that day.

183sash said:
gillingham away 1999, me and my mate went down without tickets, when we got there asked around and was told not much chance of any , by now it was about 11 o'clock so my mate went up to the ticket office and said he was told to pick up two tickets - he said he was called Mr Jones , the bloke had a look around his office but told him there wasn't any ,as my mate turned round and started to walk away the bloke said he'd rang up the main office and someone was sending some tickets down for "Mr Jones" , after about 5 minutes the tickets turned up so the bloke shouted my mate over , my mate in turn went to get his card out to pay when the bloke in the office reminded him he'd paid over the phone on his credit card -"so i did "said my mate anyway we got hold of the tickets and made a sharp exit !

This is the best so far

Reading away, about 94, won 4-0, cup replay. It was all sold out but i just gave the turnstile guy £5 and he let me in.

When i was younger (mid 80s) my grandad was friends with a steward and for night matches he used to bang on those big metal doors on the main stand at a pre-arranged time and me, my brother, dad & grandad all used to jib in. Can't see that happening nowadays!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.