Jihadi John Song

Soz if the humour passed me by, you quoted me in your reply not @Gelsons Dad.

After what I saw happening in France I wouldn't want to take a chance mate. I missed the IRA bomb in 96 by minutes and I was in London on business hearing news of the police foiling a terrorist attack in Manchester where an officer was killed trying to apprehend the suspects which was right next door to a client of my company's who I've visited on a number of occasions.

I go to football to forget about that shit for 2-3 hours and don't want to be reminded about it.
You see, that's the thing. You missed the IRA bomb by minutes - I missed the Manchester bomb by minutes - but you know what - we've probably been on the aircraft after the last one that had an engine problem. We've probably been on the motorway 15 minutes before there was a major accident which blocked both carriageways off. We've probably walked across a road when 10 minutes later somebody's been hit by a vehicle. This is what we call 'life'. It's not fate, coincidence, the team you support or anything else. Each day is another day. It can be simple, complicated, bizarre, frustrating and yet so so fragile.

Seems a shit tune, Sagna was quite affected at the time I believe.

If he messes up while our 'best fans in the land' are singing this.....

It's a politically sensitive area and has no place in football. Football however doesn't help itself playing the French anthem which gives the green light for some people.

We really don't need that sh*t at a football game. It's precisely why you go to a game to get away from the cr*p that might be going on in your life and the world. This sort of stuff has no place at the game.

Not a direct parallel, but I did think of when the IRA bombed the gasworks in Warrington. One of the local politicians said they'd "foiled" the IRA. They came back two weeks later and bombed the town centre.

It can be stopped at home. Stewards tell you not to sing it and if you don't you can be thrown out.

Bad taste and just crazy to involve a player.

I knew there wasn't enough moaning on this forum tonight.

It's not mocking Paris, I'm sure ISIS dont give a shit what some fans are saying when they're getting twatted in the Middle East, it mocks a guy who was a complete **** and as for worrying about Sheikh Mansour hearing it that's a classic which I don't really understand the point the poster is getting at.

It's only crime is its a shit football chant that has been nicked off West Ham and isn't about us. Yet it's still better than that fucking Kolarov Amarrillo song

If I start a chant of 'stand up if you're a soft ****' on Wednesday I hope there's a few fans on this thread that get up for its duration.
"Stand up if you're a soft ****". Shakes head sadly.

"Stand up if you're a soft ****". Shakes head sadly.

Was 50 50 if I was going to go in Wednesday as I have tickets for the Simon and garfunkel musical at the palace. Having heard the opportunity to hear the above lyric at the etihad, I will give the show a miss. Can't wait.

May I ask what tune is stand up if you're a soft ****?

Some fans' thought process:

Get pissed.
Deliberately make offensive song.
Call people soft cunts for taking offence.

I for one am not offended, I just hate being associated with a bunch of poorly dressed cunts who love the attention but don't know what to do with it.

The song's shit and that should be enough for it to not be sung. However, when the alcohol in your blood is stronger than the sperm you were conceived with, I guess it must just seem like clever songwriting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.