Jihadi John Song

Yes mate I am for real....without boring you I have a great understanding and knowledge of military and political events and activities, its also fair to say i have studied the history of World War 2 and many others. I can assure you the radical Islam represents a potentially far more grave threat to us than nazi Germany did.
Yeah. But no. Not even close. I suggest you study a bit harder.

I have no idea but as songs such as this and others before it have been sung for many many years at City.....it must be felt it has by many?
You have no idea but try and link this in with the Irish problem and WW2?

Hmm

Will people just discuss/ridicule/debate this embarressing song and stay on topic, otherwise thread bans will be issued

<---------Off topic and History lessons that way

Cheers

I'm from the school of thought that is progressively dying out - that any and all chanting should be allowed at the game as long as it stays within the confine of the game alone.

However I appreciate that this is a minority view and Man City as well as most of the City fans want to put certain limits on extremely distasteful chanting such as racism, homophobia, Munich chanting, etc. Whilst this doesn't fall under any of those categories people DO obviously find it distasteful or distressing so a simpler solution would be for others to have a bit of empathy and dedicate their time to singing something else. Not sure why people would want to sing something that one of our key players and a large portion of our fans might find offensive or annoying, we're supposed to be on the same team.

This feels like a bushfire to me. It will get lots of newspaper reports and traction on social media then might be sung by some of our more "I'm such a fucking rebel" fans for a game or two then die out. Cannot envision a scenario where much of the ground would get behind this as a song.

Why don't we all grow up and think before we spout tasteless rubbish, it's not difficult.

This. I have literally no idea why some people find it so hard to not be a dickhead.

I've seen the usual stock phrases pertaining to freedom of speech and political correctness being thrown around. As far as I can see, if you're the kind of person who is routinely having a whinge about political correctness, it usually means you're the kind of person who goes out of their way to be willfully offensive and has a penchant for punching down. Sure it's your right to behave like that if you want, but no need to get indignant when people correctly point out that you're a wanker.

Whoooa. Hang on a minute.

It's a shite chant. Those singing must have the brainpower of a house brick and this thread is shameful for helping to publicise the song BUT giving out life bans to anyone singing it? Are you fucking joking?

And if you're letting a group of pissed nobs singing it ruin your whole experience of a good away win then I suggest you grow a thicker skin.

Spot on Sam. Regarding the life ban thing, I remember many moons ago on another forum some City fan was discussing a chant that a significant number of our fans were singing during a 5-2 away win at Charlton. It was "Ohhhhh Andy Cole, he's not Munich anymore". Fair enough that this fan was complaining about it but he went on to demand life bans for the perpetrators despite admitting that he used to sing about Munich too. I asked him whether these bans should be retrospectively applied to him but predictably he didn't respond!

If I wanted RTs then why have I NEVER done the whole 'RT for this, Fav for that' or 'RT if you think...' bollox like so many attention hungry accounts do? I built my account up with none of that, never have I have RT whored my way forward. FYI, I've always posted fan songs, good, bad, or even shit in some cases. That's sort of the whole point of being an alternative to the very carefully controlled official line, innit? Posting the stuff they won't.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=from:city_watch RT for&src=typd

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=from:city_watch Fav for&src=typd

https://twitter.com/search?q=from:city_watch RT if&src=typd

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=from:city_watch Fav if&src=typd
Attention hungry accounts?
Why else are you on Twitter, if not for attention?
Isn't your Twitter account's sole purpose to gain attention?

I thought we'd heard the last of that name and was happy the world was rid. My Dad (Alan's brother) is a season ticket holder in the South Stand. We have no right to tell people what to sing about but I truly hope he doesn't encounter this at City - the one place that he uses as an escape.
My heart goes out to you and your family mate, and I totally agree that irrespective of people's feelings on the matter we go to The Etihad for football not politics. Not wanting to hear and talk about outside shit isn't being scared of terrorists, it's about enjoying 2-3 hours of football before we return to reality of our existences.

If people want to make noise about such things, they should go out and organise a protest so they can be heard (that's if anyone's interested), not use the medium of a football match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.