Jill Roord ACL

City put bid in for young Villa midfielder of £20000.00 - Laura Blindkilde-Brown. Don't know of her, she's seen as cover while Roord is out.

City put bid in for young Villa midfielder of £20000.00 - Laura Blindkilde-Brown. Don't know of her, she's seen as cover while Roord is out.

That would be quite a big fee to pay for someone as a stop gap replacement. I'd imagine she's someone we were already looking at and have maybe brought our plans forward after Jill's injury. Haven't watched her myself but other people I know who've seen her play seem to think she looks a good young player.

Hoped we'd make a move, but can't say I know her. It's a lot of trust in someone that young. Glad we're going for someone though. Had expected more of a short term loan for someone from the US or something.

I have a theory about the number of ACL injuries in the women's game. I can back it up with absolutely no evidence (much like a lot of the posts on here!!!) It stems from one of the major differences between the men's and women's game - the men play a lot more matches. It's all well 'n good having match practice on the training ground but competitive match practice has no substitute. I just wonder if they played 40+ games a season . . . . . . . ?

Gutted for her and wish her the best. Luckily a gold standard surgical repair has a very high rate of successful recovery for athletes these days. Usual return to fitness about 9-12 months. England's captain returned to action this week following her injury last April. Its not an easy road to travel Leah Williamson and no guarentee you get back to the same level. Although the womens game is less dependant on the more physical atributes, although that is changing.

It's a blow for us as she's been excellent for us and given us strength in the midfield we don't have anywhere else and she scores goals. The timing is shit as well to try and sort any kind of replacement. Looks like we haven't managed it either, not even a loan.

We've signed 3 youngsters, all junior internationals the most experienced being Blinkilde-Brown from Villa but I don't know much about her and can't recall seeing her play against us. It might be expecting a bit much for her to step into Roords boots, a seasoned senior international, at 20 years old.

Roords started most games so someone like Mace might have to step up. Coombes and Hasegowa are too lightweight without a stronger presence in my opinion. This might well expose how light our squad is in the midfield, particularly against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, but manage we must as were in the mix at the moment. It's a huge miss.

Gutted for her and wish her the best. Luckily a gold standard surgical repair has a very high rate of successful recovery for athletes these days. Usual return to fitness about 9-12 months. England's captain returned to action this week following her injury last April. Its not an easy road to travel Leah Williamson and no guarentee you get back to the same level. Although the womens game is less dependant on the more physical atributes, although that is changing.

It's a blow for us as she's been excellent for us and given us strength in the midfield we don't have anywhere else and she scores goals. The timing is shit as well to try and sort any kind of replacement. Looks like we haven't managed it either, not even a loan.

We've signed 3 youngsters, all junior internationals the most experienced being Blinkilde-Brown from Villa but I don't know much about her and can't recall seeing her play against us. It might be expecting a bit much for her to step into Roords boots, a seasoned senior international, at 20 years old.

Roords started most games so someone like Mace might have to step up. Coombes and Hasegowa are too lightweight without a stronger presence in my opinion. This might well expose how light our squad is in the midfield, particularly against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, but manage we must as were in the mix at the moment. It's a huge miss.
I was thinking that maybe Mace could come into the DM area and move Hasegawa further forward. Aleixandri might also be an option to do that now that Kennedy is back from injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.