Jimmy Frizzell RIP

First manager I can remember. Rest in peace. Had he been ill?

Sad news.

I remember he was listed in the programme as 'stadium manager' after he stayed on at the club after his time as manager.

I remember hanging around Maine Road one day whilst wagging school with a mate hoping to bump into some players. Jimmy was Billy's assistant at the time and I persuaded him to sign my school report to say that I'd turned up to lessons that day. Lovely bloke.

RIP Jimmy, great bloke. Very neat autograph, got an old shirt he signed for me. Very approachable and pleasant, big football man.

I've avoided this thread,I saw the news break on Twitter,whilst at the cfa,and tried to put it at the back of my mind,to try and enjoy the moment today,but now reality has set in,it's a very sad day in our history,but weird as well,as a new dawn begins an old one is no longer with us,on the same day,life is weird at times RIP Jimmy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.