Jimmy Grimble

Love this film, its my top sport themed film of all time, followed by when saturday comes and escape to victory.

Me and my then little brother are in the film at the end. :) great day out. And that girl from corrie loved me!

Forget York away, if you ain't in jimmy grimble your not a proper blue! ;)

Remember going to watch that film with some mates, when there was a cinema in between the MEN and Victoria station. It was great spotting all the landmarks around Manchester. Victoria Place in Ancoats, Angel Meadow Wright Robbie High School. My favourite scene is when they show a shot of inside the stadium and the track from the echo and the Bunnymen is playing. It just seem to sum up the mood at the time on how I felt about being a Blue!

I want it now
I want it now
Not the promises of what tomorrow brings
I need to live in dreams today
I'm tired of the song that sorrow sings

And I want more than I can get
Just trying to, trying to, trying to forget

kippaxkid74 said:
I spent a fantastic full day at Maine Road as an extra for this film, happy memories :)
Plus it helps that the finished film is damn good as well!!

-- Mon May 28, 2012 12:56 am --

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Colliahhh said:
Best moment in film history.

Didn't this come out right in the peak of our lower league days aswel?
Just remember the classic football dad 'Give it to Gordon, give it to Gordon!'

Came out in 2000 when in the old second division, but filmed in 1999 when in the old third division. My mate Garry buys a programme off the old blind fella.

I'd have smacked him one whilst he wasn't looking and nicked them all.

nah it was autumn 99 it was filmed, we'd been promoted.
The actual city match scene when Ray Winstone takes Jimmy was the night match in Oct 99 (Ipswich? I think!)

When theyre playing their cup final at the end, you can see me in the main stand! claim to fame eh ;)

same here, thery advertised for extras on key103.

we were paid in sandwiches ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iKM_qbYiKkA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... KM_qbYiKkA</a>

I was filmed at my secondary school aswell, iv played countless times on the pitches you see on the film !

SkyBlueFlux said:
marco said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
I had the coat that Carlyle is wearing. Everybody did.

Quality coat that...

... not a bad film either.

is carlyle a blue?

I couldn't possibly say mate, he was born in the 60s so I guess he could be a glory hunter ;)

I think he's a Rangers fan, but said on soccer a.m. a good few years ago that he has a soft spot for City, after appearing in Jimmy Grimble and an Oasis video.

Colliahhh said:
Best moment in film history.

Didn't this come out right in the peak of our lower league days aswel?
Just remember the classic football dad 'Give it to Gordon, give it to Gordon!'

I think you'll find it's "Give it to Gordon, give it to bloody Gordon." :)

This has achieved cult status amongst the other parents of my lad's saturday morning team through the efforts of myself and Mrs In London. Whenever a parent of the other team is making a cock of himself (which if you know anything about saturday morning kids' football you will understand is a regular occurence) our parents - a motley collection of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and Liverpool - shout 'give it to bloody Gordon'.

It usually baffles them, but we think its piss funny.

BluePurgatory said:
Remember going to watch that film with some mates, when there was a cinema in between the MEN and Victoria station. It was great spotting all the landmarks around Manchester. Victoria Place in Ancoats, Angel Meadow Wright Robbie High School. My favourite scene is when they show a shot of inside the stadium and the track from the echo and the Bunnymen is playing. It just seem to sum up the mood at the time on how I felt about being a Blue!

I want it now
I want it now
Not the promises of what tomorrow brings
I need to live in dreams today
I'm tired of the song that sorrow sings

And I want more than I can get
Just trying to, trying to, trying to forget

That is a class song.

Echo And The Bunnymen - Nothing Lasts Forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLX_6WwXFUI

At leeds away not long after this came out i had the whole away end singing there's only one jimmy Grimble at me. Apparently I looked like him because I was about a young kid with black hair. We won that night as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.