Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Mister Appointment said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Absolutely spot on, imo.

He may well have a right to see out his contract and fuck off on a free, but as supporters of City we have the right to be royally pissed off that a very good player is moving from us to one of our rivals for nothing.

Tolmie is spot in - we've been trying to tie him down for a year now, and football is littered with examples of players who were moving but still signed new contracts to ensure the selling club received some kind of fee. What Milner has done absolutely defines mercenary and it shows a lack of respect for City which is deeply disappointing.

He has many fans because of his blood and thunder playing style, but he's no different to Tevez when it comes to the crunch. Another guy who moved from club to club ensuring the biggest payday possible each and every time. The only difference is Tevez didn't lead City up a garden path with regards a new contract so we at least got some kind of fee for him.
In the summer of 2010, City asked James Milner to commit to the club for five years. Not six or seven - and it asked that he abide by the terms of this contract, which he has. He's also done so in a professional manner. Furthermore, his presence at the club has doubtless enhanced its image. That's enough for me, whatever he decides to do.

To compare him to Tevez - a player who breached his contract, slagged off Manchester, and by implication, the club, and damaged the image of the club generally - is utterly absurd.

Tevez was a disrespectful motherfucker.

Well said GDM.

Comparisons with Tevez are wide of the mark, the main difference being that it was better for the club as a whole to move Tevez on because of the outrage that he had caused.

Jimmy is a model professional that is looking out for what is best for him in a professional manner, nothing wrong with that at all.

we have Frank Lampard in our team & saGna.. both out of contract players ,

if JM was so silly to put his name on a contract what with his waGes & fee no one would /could make him an offer, he is lookin out for himself.. as everyone should this is his last payday contract

If he leaves we move on. Obviously Txiki has a value placed on this which isn't going to be exceeded. Jimmy M is a power player. He isn't the sort of player that is going to stroll around controlling games anymore at age 36 like Alan Ball, Ali Bernabia and most likely Silva. One day he'll find the power just isn't there anymore and his contribution will drop like a stone. To my mind anything past age 31 or 32 would be a gamble.

chris85mcfc said:
nothing wrong with that at all.

Yeah if you're James Milner. If you're Manchester City, with a shortage of homegrown players, with a shortage of transfer funds due to FFP, I daresay there's a lot wrong with it.

I wonder what the homegrown premium would be for James Milner if he was under contract and Liverpool/Arsenal wanted him. He's easily a 20 million pound player which is why this entire episode stinks.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
The thing is...it's always good to have a Jimmy in your team...or before him...a Gareth

Just wondering on similar players who are obviously younger but none spring to mind

There Jack Colback who went to Newcastle on a free (but it would have been hard to dissuade him from joining his home town club!)

Looks like he wants out, at 29 I imagine he'd like to be a mainstay of a team which he's not at ours. I don't have an issue with that he's not been a dick and gives 100% when on the field which is the most important thing. I'd rather he just come out and say it though that way at least the club can start looking at replacements.

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
nothing wrong with that at all.

Yeah if you're James Milner. If you're Manchester City, with a shortage of homegrown players, with a shortage of transfer funds due to FFP, I daresay there's a lot wrong with it.

I wonder what the homegrown premium would be for James Milner if he was under contract and Liverpool/Arsenal wanted him. He's easily a 20 million pound player which is why this entire episode stinks.

That's our own fault mate, not the fault of James Milner

We could have looked at a couple of homegrown players in the last couple of summers, but we've chose to go down another route. I'm sure Milner knows how important he is to the club from a homegrown rule point of view, and he is a 20 million pound player that could go for nothing. But that isn't the fault of the player, if anything its just poor planning from the club

The reason Arsenal got rid of RVP and Nasri was that if they hadn't they would have walked away for nothing, if City even had a sniff that Milner wasn't going to sign then they should have looked to ship him out in the summer, or at least given him a deadline

Jimmy will sign a new deal before the end of the season and the cockwombles in this thread will never forget the rumoured hesitation.

All that's missing is the threats; "Leave in the summer and you're dead"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.