Jimmy Savile

That has to be right. Protection of the child must be paramount, but it doesn’t need to be at the expense of fairness to someone accused of such a terrible thing. They deserve a degree of protection too, given the potential impact a false claim could have on someone’s life.

Yeah, she’s a strong woman but it definitely impacted on her. Your colleagues don’t know specifics but if you disappear from work for 3 weeks then they know you’re under serious investigation and you have to just wait it out at home, whilst knowing your colleagues will be aware of your suspension. The police came into the school and interviewed her.

She left the school once her name was cleared and started again elsewhere. All because a 5 year old said she hit him.

Yeah, she’s a strong woman but it definitely impacted on her. Your colleagues don’t know specifics but if you disappear from work for 3 weeks then they know you’re under serious investigation and you have to just wait it out at home, whilst knowing your colleagues will be aware of your suspension. The police came into the school and interviewed her.

She left the school once her name was cleared and started again elsewhere. All because a 5 year old said she hit him.
Teachers are far too vulnerable and over-prosecuted. Again, no-one wants to go back to the 70’s but they’ve got to be able to defend themselves properly (not against 5 year olds btw!)

Teachers are far too vulnerable and over-prosecuted. Again, no-one wants to go back to the 70’s but they’ve got to be able to defend themselves properly (not against 5 year olds btw!)

We’re going to reach crisis point soon with teachers, too many are leaving the profession.

The government will have to stump up considerable more pay in the near future.

We’re going to reach crisis point soon with teachers, too many are leaving the profession.

The government will have to stump up considerable more pay in the near future.
Austerity’s going to take a long time to reverse, but there appears to be a consensus across the political spectrum to increase public spending.

Teaching needs to be central to that.

A lad in my old local taught for three years in a tough comprehensive in London’s East End and had to give up. He said unruly pupils refused to learn and gave him no respect at all. I’d never have done that myself at school. My mum would have been disgusted in me.

One of our teachers grabbed a pupil by his throat and another pulled one by his hair. Nothing happened to either of them. Different world.

Austerity’s going to take a long time to reverse, but there appears to be a consensus across the political spectrum to increase public spending.

Teaching needs to be central to that.

But the Conservatives sit on a throne of lies ... and if elected again they will revert to form .... however there are still people (on this site and elsewhere) that will vote for them

Obviously, like everyone else I’m against abuse of kids, but so many of them are pansy snowflakes these days. The NUT are planning to ban hand-clapping in schools because it *scares* the little pipsqueaks.

Obviously, like everyone else I’m against abuse of kids, but so many of them are pansy snowflakes these days. The NUT are planning to ban hand-clapping in schools because it *scares* the little pipsqueaks.
The NUT aren’t planning anything. They don’t exist. Is it an old copy of the Daily Mail you’ve been reading? Do keep up at the back.

Increased spending will make barely a ripple against the vast tide of teachers leaving the profession. The job itself has to change.
Nobody in their right mind would want to become a teacher nowadays. It takes 2 or 3 kids in a class who have no respect and don't want to learn to disrupt the whole class and the whole thing becomes unmanageable as nobody able to discipline the buggers without impunity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.